Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: PR waiting time

Quote Originally Posted by potatoqueen View Post
    Hi JandM and Keri,
    I have a couple of questions regarding the form INZ 1175.

Question A12 and A13: my resident visa was granted on the base of a relationship with a NZer, and the relationship has ended, so for this question I should tick “not applicable”, shouldn’t I? Because both of the questions are “your partner” not “ex partner”, so they are not true to my situation if I tick “No”.

Also, just an off topic question: why can’t we apply PR online while other categories can? It’ll be so much easier for both applicants and INZ since they have our information in their system. I just find that the whole paper thing, then it takes days for someone to type our info in the system is a total rigmarole.

Thank you ��
    I think you're right that the correct answer is N/A in your case.

Re: your other question. You've been in this long enough to have got Residence, and you're expecting the INZ systems to MAKE SENSE now?

@potatoqueen

Might be good to submit a cover letter too just in case, to explain your change of circumstance.

They also planned to move a lot of the paper application processes to online but 2021 RV happened..........

Received the passport today! PR is official

Got my Permanent Residency

Lodgement Date: 27 September 2022
    Approved & received eVisa: 17 October 2022
    Passport Received: 18 October 2022

Thanks everyone for your helpful advice.

Quote Originally Posted by SSS93 View Post
    Lodgement Date: 27 September 2022
    Approved & received eVisa: 17 October 2022
    Passport Received: 18 October 2022
    Congrats!

Just checking, when you submit for PR you have to give them your passport too? Anyway to get your passport back sooner if you have to travel? Surely once you submit you're allowed to leave the country right?

Quote Originally Posted by tigerstyle View Post
    Congrats!

Just checking, when you submit for PR you have to give them your passport too? Anyway to get your passport back sooner if you have to travel? Surely once you submit you're allowed to leave the country right?
    You may submit a certified copy of your passport (RV0.10.10(d)(ii)), but keep in mind that INZ may ask for your original passport at any time during the processing of your application.

If you decide to send in your actual passport, or if you have to because they require it, you can ask them to send it straight back again as soon as it's been checked (and that fact has been noted into their records). And they will do that. Your passport is a legal document that you have the right to have with you (and indeed, will be required sometimes to have with you, to show to prove your identity), so it won't be held.

Finally I can join the party with dancing bananas

Lodgement: 31 Aug 2022
    Fee Deducted: 19 Sep 2022
    Acknowledge Email Received: 20 Sep 2022
    PR Email Received: 25 Oct 2022, its weird that in the email, my PR states its started three weeks ago on 7 Oct 2022
    Passport Returning Email with tracking number: 25 Oct 2022, hopefully will receive passports tmr or next day

Thanks for all the help everyone

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast