Thread: After partnership residence

Default After partnership residence

Hi Guys, little confused here, I'm originally from India, I've got my residency through a kiwi partner here, it'll be two years next month.

we have broke up about 6 months ago, I wouldn't hide why but I got cheated.

Now I've found a match in India but wondering if I have to wait to sponsor someone else from India for 5 years starting the date of my residency or from my breakup? would there be any chance I can still sponsor someone proving that I was cheated and it wasn't my fault and I get to sponsor someone else?

Thank you for reading.

Is the visa you're looking at the culturally arranged marriage one? Or are you now in India and you've been living together there? Just trying to think how you plan to get your partner to NZ with the borders closed.

Even for the culturally arranged marriage one the eligibility states "To be eligible to support a partnership based resident visa application, your partner must not:have themselves been included as a partner in a successful residence application, within the last 5 years" suggesting you do have to wait for 5 years from when the visa was approved.

Quote Originally Posted by captainj View Post
    Hi Guys, little confused here, I'm originally from India, I've got my residency through a kiwi partner here, it'll be two years next month.

we have broke up about 6 months ago, I wouldn't hide why but I got cheated.

Now I've found a match in India but wondering if I have to wait to sponsor someone else from India for 5 years starting the date of my residency or from my breakup? would there be any chance I can still sponsor someone proving that I was cheated and it wasn't my fault and I get to sponsor someone else?

Thank you for reading.
    As you're a New Zealand citizen or resident, you're looking for F2.10.10 under partnership residence instructions. Specifically, F2.10.10(a)(ii) states that you "must not have acted as a partner in a successful application for a residence class visa in the five years immediately preceding the date the current application is made". Since an application is only successful when a visa is granted... I'll let you figure that one out.

Depending on which temporary entry class visas based on partnership your partner intends to apply for, you may need to meet F2.10.10 at the time of the temporary entry class visa application, or you may only need to meet F2.10.10 12 months after the grant of the temporary entry class visa. The Culturally Arranged Marriage Visitor Visa is one where you must meet F2.10.10 at the time of the temporary entry class visa application (V3.35(a)(iii)), whereas the Partner of a New Zealand Work Visa is one where you need only meet F2.10.10 (WF2.5).

Either way, this unfortunately means that you will have to wait it out until you can meet such criteria. There are no exceptions to F2.10.10.

Quote Originally Posted by veelove View Post
    Just trying to think how you plan to get your partner to NZ with the borders closed.
    It's possible in cases where the relevant immigration instructions are met: relationship-based visas for partners and dependent children of New Zealand citizens and residents will still be processed (see this page and expand the "Visa processing information" heading), and the holder of such a visa may come to New Zealand without requesting to travel (Y3.30(a)(ii)). Of course, there's still the small matter of finding a spot in MIQ...
    Last edited by Kelerei; 10th October 2021 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by veelove View Post
    Is the visa you're looking at the culturally arranged marriage one? Or are you now in India and you've been living together there? Just trying to think how you plan to get your partner to NZ with the borders closed.

Even for the culturally arranged marriage one the eligibility states "To be eligible to support a partnership based resident visa application, your partner must not:have themselves been included as a partner in a successful residence application, within the last 5 years" suggesting you do have to wait for 5 years from when the visa was approved.
    Hi , no we're not living together or married, we're just talking at this stage, but good to know 5 years waiting period starts from visa approval date.

can I still marry someone in India and have them come to NZ on their own? and after 5 years completion I can sponsor her for residency? just looking for options on how I should go ahead for culturally arranged marriage!

They can come to New Zealand if there are eligible to get a visa in their own right, once the borders re-open - for example a work visa, visitor visa or student visa. However INZ will be concerned whether they are a 'genuine' temporary visa applicant (given that they are really coming here to be in a relationship with you), and you can't just stay in New Zealand on a visitor visa for four or five years.
    Last edited by DownSouth; 30th October 2021 at 10:08 AM.