Thread: Chest X-ray in lockdown conditions

Default Chest X-ray in lockdown conditions

Hi all,

I have applied for a partner based resident visa around January 2021 after few months we got a reply from IO requesting extra information and asked us to provide a new chest x-ray as I come from a high-risk Tb country.
    with current restrictions in Auckland am unable to get an X-ray through a panel of physicians, they say that all immigration medicals are put on hold until the alert level moves to 2 which is likely not happening anytime soon.

Does anyone facing similar situation ? is anyone performing a chest x-ray for immigrations in Auckland we already got 2 extensions from IO to provide an x-ray and my current work visa is expiring in December.

We are in a similar spot. We applied and included a note saying Medical Providers are closed until L2, they emailed us to say yes they understand and here's an interim (6 month extension) visa till you can get a medical.

But hope we don't need one as hopefully 2021 Residence visa comes through soon and we go through that route instead.

Nothing to do with an immigration xray but I have been waiting 8 weeks for a chest xray at the local hospital and have been told It can not be done until level 2. This is just a routine check and nothing urgent. .Immigration will be well aware of all this.

No idea regarding an x-rays, but I'm sure immigration will know about this and understand. You can always send them a link to the doctors' website stating the 'xray at lvl2 only' information. You might however have to apply for another work visa as there are no interim visas for residency applications so keep that in mind.

Just curious, how long did it take for you to get a case officer assigned?

By the way have you tried these guys? https://vicparkmed.co.nz/ I just remembered I got my visa medical there last year and that was definitely at a higher alert level as well (I remember having to wait outside for the appointment and filling out forms that I had no symptoms). Call them to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by veelove View Post
    By the way have you tried these guys? https://vicparkmed.co.nz/ I just remembered I got my visa medical there last year and that was definitely at a higher alert level as well (I remember having to wait outside for the appointment and filling out forms that I had no symptoms). Call them to ask.
    They are closed until Level 2, I included an email from them with my application which the case officer appreciated and sped up the interim visa being issued.

There's nothing in the operational manual (relevant section: A4) around the waiving of a chest X-ray; we can therefore safely assume that INZ has no discretion to do so.

However, this might fall within the scope of permitted personal travel for health reasons across an Alert Level boundary: if so, you might be able to obtain your chest X-ray in a Level 2 area. Check this information for more details. If not, you can always apply for a personal travel exemption.

Quote Originally Posted by veelove View Post
    No idea regarding an x-rays, but I'm sure immigration will know about this and understand. You can always send them a link to the doctors' website stating the 'xray at lvl2 only' information. You might however have to apply for another work visa as there are no interim visas for residency applications so keep that in mind.

Just curious, how long did it take for you to get a case officer assigned?
    we applied in january 21 and it took 7 months to get a case officer assigned