Thread: Passport Processing centre Still scanning under level 3

Cool Passport Processing centre Still scanning under level 3

Just thought to post general information here for people who are still in doubt.

I rang INZ today and asked them about my visa transfer to the new passport today, they said that the Auckland processing centre is still open under level 3 with limited staff onsite, and hence there is a backlog of files that need to be processed. (20 Fairfax ave)(place u post passport in by courier)

hope this info helps you if you are in doubt. Thanks :-)

It is great to know that there is a little of movement under level 3

Any idea how long it takes them to scan the passports placed in that mailbox - how bad the backlog is?

Anyone have any updates or recent experience getting their passport scanned?

Info for others who might find it useful:
    You can deliver your documents personally to 20 Fairfax Avenue - there's a blue box by the road that says Immigration NZ Drop box. It gets cleared out every day after 5pm and the contents go to Immi the next day. I did this because no courier service could guarantee when my documents would be delivered there. Make sure your envelope is addressed correctly and ideally add your return address (just in case).

The Immigration backlog for scanning passports is roughly 2 weeks atm - I delivered my passport on the 3rd of Nov, so it got to Immi on the 4th and my passport was scanned on the 16th Nov.

Thank you for the update.