Thread: How to Apply Permanent Resident Visa during Lockdown!!!

Default How to Apply Permanent Resident Visa during Lockdown!!!

Hi All,

I want to apply for Permanent Resident Visa as I am now eligible to convert my RV to PRV. However, I live in Auckland and dont know how to apply during lockdown??

Should I Just send in my paper application to Manukau office and they will start processing?? or is there any other way??

Please advise.

Regards,

I am in Wellington and became eligible for PR on 1 October. I sent my stuff in to the Manakau address and when I called INZ last week they said there is a backlog and it's taking 40-50 days to get the applications into their system. I'd say send it now. The rep told me that if AKL goes to L2 (or whatever the traffic light equivalent is) then the wait time should decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by la_skydiver View Post
    I am in Wellington and became eligible for PR on 1 October. I sent my stuff in to the Manakau address and when I called INZ last week they said there is a backlog and it's taking 40-50 days to get the applications into their system. I'd say send it now. The rep told me that if AKL goes to L2 (or whatever the traffic light equivalent is) then the wait time should decrease.
    Pretty much this. A Permanent Resident Visa cannot (currently) be applied for online, and there is no other receiving office within New Zealand.

Auckland is, in my opinion, likely remaining in Level 3 until all three DHBs reach 90% second dose. Given current rates of vaccination, you're looking at six weeks minimum before this happens.

Many thanks!!!