Thread: SMC submited May-2020 and 2021 resident visa

Unhappy SMC submited May-2020 and 2021 resident visa

Hi everybody!
    Currently, my situation is a bit tricky because i have been waiting almost 16 months for my SMC, which is submitted at May-2020. I am also eligible for new 2021 resident visa as well.
    Can i submit both visa at one time? I don't know how long i have to wait for C.O.....and, i am not sure my employer can survive after lockdown.

Thank you for read my thread.

Hi there,
    straight from immi website:

Application process
    The 2021 Resident visa will be open for applications in two phases, with the first group of people able to apply from 1 December 2021.

From 1 December 2021 you can apply if:

you have already applied for residence under the Skilled Migrant and Residence from Work categories before 29 September 2021, or
    you have submitted a Skilled Migrant Category Expression of Interest, and have included your dependent child in the Expression of Interest aged 17 years or older on 29 September 2021.
    From 1 March 2022 all other eligible applicants can apply, including all others who have submitted a Skilled Migrant Category Expression of Interest.

So you should be able to apply December 1st and you can definitely have both applications in (at least according to their information)

Quote Originally Posted by veelove View Post
    Hi there,
    straight from immi website:

Application process
    The 2021 Resident visa will be open for applications in two phases, with the first group of people able to apply from 1 December 2021.

From 1 December 2021 you can apply if:

you have already applied for residence under the Skilled Migrant and Residence from Work categories before 29 September 2021, or
    you have submitted a Skilled Migrant Category Expression of Interest, and have included your dependent child in the Expression of Interest aged 17 years or older on 29 September 2021.
    From 1 March 2022 all other eligible applicants can apply, including all others who have submitted a Skilled Migrant Category Expression of Interest.

So you should be able to apply December 1st and you can definitely have both applications in (at least according to their information)
    Thank Vee!
    I appreciate your answer.
    I have read it and i will certainly apply for both visas but will they follow up the new timeframe? I have already been waiting for 16 months...

No idea mate,
    I think the purpose of the "one off" residency visa is to get rid of some of the pressure that is on SMC applications. The conditions appear to be easier too (I think no medical checks etc) so overall probably faster to process.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...cation-process
    This update could be interesting to you, specifically about the fees.