Thread: Vaccine Pass for residents non-citizens

Default Vaccine Pass for residents non-citizens

Have you fellow migrants (non-citizens) figured out how to get the new Covid Pass? I can only see options for NZ citizens, people with NZ drivers license, or Australian citizens.... I can see there is an option to get the covid pass if you have Real-Me account but this seems to be a more complex and time consuming process that I would gladly avoid.

Could they forget about thousands of people who don't have NZ/Australian citizenship and received their vaccination here? I hope they did not and I just can't find the right option...

But if this is indeed a hole in the system, anyone knows if paper covid certificates will be equal to covid passes (including for the purpose of retail, hospitality and crossing Akl boundary)?

The overwhelming majority of those "thousands of people who don't have NZ/Australian citizenship" would have a NZ drivers license... that's what I used myself.

And you may as well bite the bullet and create that RealMe account: you're going to need it if you intend to later apply for the grant of New Zealand citizenship or a New Zealand passport online.

Thank you. I’m glad this may not affect the “overwhelming majority” of non-citizens residing in NZ. I still think there will be quite a lot of people in my position. Advice re Realme appreciated.

If you cannot access My Covid Record because you do not have the appropriate ID, just ring the Ministry of Health and give them your NHI number. If you don't know your NHI number, your GP's office can tell you.

From the COVID19 government website:

"If you are unable to access My Covid Record online, or you would like to request a vaccine
    pass for someone else, you can call us on 0800 222 478 and the Covid Record support team
    will prepare your pass or certificate for you."

I am also a Permanent Resident who don't have NZ passport, NZ birth certificate or NZ driving license. I called the Ministry of Health and she asked me my NHI number, verified my email address and then I received My Vaccine Pass email right away.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKiwi View Post
    If you cannot access My Covid Record because you do not have the appropriate ID, just ring the Ministry of Health and give them your NHI number. If you don't know your NHI number, your GP's office can tell you.

From the COVID19 government website:
    Thanks, yes - saw this advertised in the media when this problem was reported. I can confirm calling the number above works well and fast.