Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 626

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

  1. #331
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    56

    Default

    I read in one of the threads where one person, who had no criminal conviction whatsoever in nz, was asked to submit their PCC from oz, uk and a couple of other things, that delayed the process by 3 months.

    can't find a pattern & It all seems so random that some of us are asked to submit these while others are auto-approved

  2. #332
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azure View Post
    I read in one of the threads where one person, who had no criminal conviction whatsoever in nz, was asked to submit their PCC from oz, uk and a couple of other things, that delayed the process by 3 months.

    can't find a pattern & It all seems so random that some of us are asked to submit these while others are auto-approved
    That'd be normal if the person had stayed in those countries (OZ, UK) for more than 3-4 months in the 5 year period between PR and citizenship application.
    One of my fellow-countrymen went back to our country right before covid happened and was stuck there for more than 4 months. They got asked to submit the PCC from our country by their CO to support the citizenship application.

  3. #333
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ht8990 View Post
    That'd be normal if the person had stayed in those countries (OZ, UK) for more than 3-4 months in the 5 year period between PR and citizenship application.

    interesting...two of my friends go home almost every year (in the 5 year period between PR and citizenship application), stay there for 4 months in xmas time yet never got asked to provide one.. not to mention they got their citizenship in <6 months

  4. #334
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azure View Post
    interesting...two of my friends go home almost every year (in the 5 year period between PR and citizenship application), stay there for 4 months in xmas time yet never got asked to provide one.. not to mention they got their citizenship in <6 months
    Annoying isn't it if we got allocated to a CO who would demand anything they deem necessary to process our application. I hope mine is the easiest one of the lot who would never ask anything and just send me a surprise approval

  5. #335
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ht8990 View Post
    Annoying isn't it if we got allocated to a CO who would demand anything they deem necessary to process our application. I hope mine is the easiest one of the lot who would never ask anything and just send me a surprise approval
    yeah agreed, I'd take automated approval any day, seeing as some COs are more pedantic about following procedure to a T, I'd say less contact the better
    Last edited by azure; 24th May 2022 at 05:58 PM.

  6. #336
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Thought I'd just share my timeline as my journey is over.

    Applied online in a group with my wife, all in English (we're British). All straight forward. We had no communication from a case officer, and the reference was never contracted.

    Applied for citizenship - October 10th 2021
    Citizenship approved - 30th April 2022
    Informed of certificate printing date - 24th May 2022
    Certificate printing - 8th June 2022

    Hope that helps some of you, and good luck.

  7. #337
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    1

    Default

    can't find a pattern & It all seems so random that some of us are asked to submit these while others are auto-approved
    My theory - one of the previous posts mentioned the below.

    Automated checks can confirm if an applicant is eligible. This includes calculating an applicant's presence in New Zealand. This means these applications need fewer checks by a Citizenship officer.
    So, it probably could be the same online presence calculator tool used in automated checks. And whether you qualify for automated processing - depends on whether the presence calculator tool responds in affirmative about the eligibility for all the applicants on the application. The tool doesn't always seem to work correctly.

    In our case, the tool indicates that 2(of 3) applicants are eligible. But all three have been out of the country on the exact same dates (same flights out & in). In fact, the applicant among us that the tool shows as ineligible is my 6 year old kid.

    The presence calculator also has a separate section for 'If you are 15 years or under'. Also we had to renew our kid's passport and transfer the PRV. Not sure if that confuses the tool in some way

    Anyway for our friends, who applied in the same month as us and didn't have their kid on the application (citizenship by birth), the application has been already approved. Again, just a theory!

  8. #338
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Congratulations! @Majorliggs

    I applied in May last year-family of four and no news yet. no complaints as these processing do take time and every case is unique.
    Does entire family processing happens together even if one person's approval is taking time does entire family approval goes into waiting

  9. #339
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    New Zealand (ex: South Africa)
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avidza View Post
    Does entire family processing happens together even if one person's approval is taking time does entire family approval goes into waiting
    If you indicated on your application that you wanted to attend a citizenship ceremony as a group, each person in the group will be individually notified of whether they have been approved in principle or declined, but the issuance of citizenship certificates (in the present case where the requirement to attend a citizenship ceremony is waived) will be deferred until a decision is reached on all applications in the family group; the citizenship certificates will then be printed and sent all at the same time.

    If you indicated on your application that you did not want to attend a citizenship ceremony as a group, each application will be processed (and certificates issued) entirely independently of each other.

    See the citizenship ceremonies page for further detail.

  10. #340
    Join Date
    May 2022
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rwnbaid View Post
    . The tool doesn't always seem to work correctly.

    !

    True. I've got the approval yet the tool still shows that I'm ineligible. What a joke of a tool

Page 34 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •