Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeln View Post
    It's probably none of my business but why the rush though, cos they're usually not that slow in processing after certificate printing is over.
    Seeing as you can still take short trips now, while your application is still getting processed, IDK why the rush to apply for an urgent passport

not to mention, you'd have waited long enough to get the certificate anyway, might as well wait a month to get passport but that's just me
    Returning to NZ could be an issue as your resident visa is no longer valid once the certificate is issued.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeln View Post
    It's probably none of my business but why the rush though, cos they're usually not that slow in processing after certificate printing is over.
    Seeing as you can still take short trips now, while your application is still getting processed, IDK why the rush to apply for an urgent passport

not to mention, you'd have waited long enough to get the certificate anyway, might as well wait a month to get passport but that's just me
    If you rolled back a few pages, there are people who waited a solid three months just for their certificate to be printed... I don't know how they got so unlucky!

Generally under covid restrictions and there's no ceremony, most people only wait about 10 days to a month for their certificate to be printed and couriered but we still see some odd cases where it took 3 months! My concern is when the ceremony resumes, the timeline for a ceremony to be arranged is one to three months and I don't want to wait that long because we're having a few travel options. Also, our original passports are expiring within the next 6 months and most countries wouldn't let you enter if your passports expiry date is less than six months. In my personal case, it's really a huuuuge hassle to renew my original passports because there's corruption at our Embassy in Wellington. Many of us travel from other cities to Wellington to apply for renewal but got turned away due to all sorts of reasons. The main thing is that the Embassy refuses to take phone calls or reply to our emails when we try to get ahold of them, just horrible!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ht8990 View Post
    If you rolled back a few pages, there are people who waited a solid three months just for their certificate to be printed... !!!
    Damn didn't know that. Hope we all get ours soon

I had applied in may 21
    received confirmation mail today

Quote Originally Posted by avidza View Post
    I had applied in may 21
    received confirmation mail today
    Congratulations!!

Quote Originally Posted by LemonAndPaeroa View Post
    Returning to NZ could be an issue as your resident visa is no longer valid once the certificate is issued.
    Hm that's a good point that I hadn't considered. Our PR is revoked at the time of citizenship certificate printing. You'd struggle to get back into the country without that NZ passport.

I think I'll contact them on the morning of printing and get that cert number then.

If you rolled back a few pages, there are people who waited a solid three months just for their certificate to be printed... I don't know how they got so unlucky!

Generally under covid restrictions and there's no ceremony, most people only wait about 10 days to a month for their certificate to be printed and couriered but we still see some odd cases where it took 3 months! My concern is when the ceremony resumes, the timeline for a ceremony to be arranged is one to three months and I don't want to wait that long because we're having a few travel options. Also, our original passports are expiring within the next 6 months and most countries wouldn't let you enter if your passports expiry date is less than six months. In my personal case, it's really a huuuuge hassle to renew my original passports because there's corruption at our Embassy in Wellington. Many of us travel from other cities to Wellington to apply for renewal but got turned away due to all sorts of reasons. The main thing is that the Embassy refuses to take phone calls or reply to our emails when we try to get ahold of them, just horrible!!!
    Hi ht8990, you were same as my mate the difference is he managed to get his overseas passport renewed. He applied last August2021 online application of citizenship. And before his flight mid May this year he got citizenship straight up no confirmation of details like the others here. He rang DiA asking when is the possible printing of his cert and stated his situation. DiA suggested they will print his cert after his holiday leave or once he arrives back from holiday, he should inform DiA. That is the only time they could give him the scheduled of printing of his cert and he agreed. The holiday vacation was booked since last year so no hassle on the dates of printing on his side I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by andrae View Post
    Hi ht8990, you were same as my mate the difference is he managed to get his overseas passport renewed. He applied last August2021 online application of citizenship. And before his flight mid May this year he got citizenship straight up no confirmation of details like the others here. He rang DiA asking when is the possible printing of his cert and stated his situation. DiA suggested they will print his cert after his holiday leave or once he arrives back from holiday, he should inform DiA. That is the only time they could give him the scheduled of printing of his cert and he agreed. The holiday vacation was booked since last year so no hassle on the dates of printing on his side I guess.
    People say DIA will cancel our PR visa once they approve our citizenship application so how could your friend return to NZ if not on NZ passport? Or did DIA reinstate their PR Visa??

People say DIA will cancel our PR visa once they approve our citizenship application so how could your friend return to NZ if not on NZ passport? Or did DIA reinstate their PR Visa??
    Just some corrections with this statement: it's INZ that cancels the visa, not DIA. When one is granted citizenship, INZ must cancel that person's current visa, as legally a New Zealand citizen can not hold a visa (and if you think about it, it's superfluous for a New Zealand citizen to do so). See Sections 13(4)(b) and 64(1)(g) of the Immigration Act 2009.

Also, receiving the letter of approval does not yet mean that one is a citizen: it is merely approval in principle, usually conditional on the person attending a citizenship ceremony within one year (per Section 11 of the Citizenship Act 1977). However, currently the requirement to attend a citizenship ceremony is waived on public health grounds, and therefore currently one actually becomes a citizen when the evidentiary certificate is issued. (It's possible that, in-between, DIA can withdraw the approval in principle, but that's off-topic for your question.)

In andrae's case, it sounds like the situation I described in this post: the person in question notified DIA of his situation, and DIA deferred issuing the evidentiary certificate until his return.

ht8990 Yes people say DIA will cancel your PR based on their experience, final say still up to DIA. But yes as stated DiA will cancel your visa as soon as they printed your citizen Cert. I have snip below

Snip.JPG

This is when I received noting when will be the certificate be printed. Same as my mate, so I suggested to him to call or email DiA to verify due to his situation last May. DiA just requested a letter explaining why does he want to delay receiving his certificate.

And K was absolutely right PR is under INZ and DIA is for citizenship. Thanks K for additional info

Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3637383940 ... LastLast