Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

Any updates from April 2022 applications . Joint application met the presence requirements, checked online . Typical response the current wait time is around 14 months .

Quote Originally Posted by JenKnox View Post
    The whole allocation process doesn't make any sense. I know those who applied and got approved in 4 weeks. And those who wait for months. (same country of origin, similar employment, no offences,..)
    How do they select what applications to process and what to ignore?
    It absolutely doesn't. I am 4 years 11 months 1 week of my residency and my travel outside NZ was a 2-week period in Nov 2018 and my presence calculator still tells I am not eligible. I have emailed and called and had not gotten anything of significance. It takes too much effort for every single thing and too much torture to get anything out of INZ or DIA, no wonder professionals would have rather gone to somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by raleigh119 View Post
    It absolutely doesn't. I am 4 years 11 months 1 week of my residency and my travel outside NZ was a 2-week period in Nov 2018 and my presence calculator still tells I am not eligible. I have emailed and called and had not gotten anything of significance. It takes too much effort for every single thing and too much torture to get anything out of INZ or DIA, no wonder professionals would have rather gone to somewhere else.
    There are cases where the online presence calculator is unable to automatically match your details with INZ's presence records, and thus returns an "ineligible" result.

I suggest obtaining a copy of your travel records from INZ (you are entitled to do this under the Privacy Act 2020, and can easily request this on this page), and performing your own presence calculation.

Good afternoon to all,

I started an online application last Monday, the 21st of November. I am waiting for them to complete verifying my identity before I can proceed with my application. I chose online - use another device. How long does this process usually take? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by aitty View Post
    Any updates from April 2022 applications . Joint application met the presence requirements, checked online . Typical response the current wait time is around 14 months .
    I applied in early April 2022 and was approved last month.

I do not know why. They said they will look into it. Have you had case officer yet Rymon?
    Last edited by Jessica201; 23rd November 2022 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo1900 View Post
    My wife is in the same boat, no news at the moment. I will keep you posted
    Have you had case officer yet Lupo?

Quote Originally Posted by allune View Post
    Thanks for sharing sunny. Did you travel at all in those 4 yrs and 8 mos?
    yes i did travel but not in the first 8 months of getting resident visa. I have not travelled more than 240 days in any 12month period.

Yes, I was able to do this. Aside from this travel rexord document, I requested INZ (after being on hold for more than 1 hour) to make sure that I don't have any other client number or account that is potentially associated with me, or my prevous and current passport (I don't, I was told I only ever had one client number and one account for all the visa I have held). I sent the travel record document to DIA together with a copy of my resident and pr visa to complaints@dia.govt.nz and still waiting for anything to happen aside from an acknowledgement email. Before this was told over the phone from DIA (again, after waiting for more than 1 hour on hold) that I needed to complete full 5 years of residency/ or pr to be eligible to apply - I was able to confirm that this is not correct. It's like a circus having to go on hoops and ending up with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica201 View Post
    I do not know why. They said they will look into it. Have you had case officer yet Rymon?
    Not yet, let me know when u get one. Thanks

Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7576777879 ... LastLast