Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

Quote Originally Posted by raleigh119 View Post
    Yes, I was able to do this. Aside from this travel rexord document, I requested INZ (after being on hold for more than 1 hour) to make sure that I don't have any other client number or account that is potentially associated with me, or my prevous and current passport (I don't, I was told I only ever had one client number and one account for all the visa I have held). I sent the travel record document to DIA together with a copy of my resident and pr visa to complaints@dia.govt.nz and still waiting for anything to happen aside from an acknowledgement email. Before this was told over the phone from DIA (again, after waiting for more than 1 hour on hold) that I needed to complete full 5 years of residency/ or pr to be eligible to apply - I was able to confirm that this is not correct. It's like a circus having to go on hoops and ending up with nothing.
    Seems like reading the Citizenship Act and advocating for yourself based on how you understand the clauses in this Act / or get a lawyer to interpret it for you then applying if you can will be quicker rather than waiting for DIA to clarify it for you.

one of my friend applied the citizenship in mid November and was approved on the 29th Nov now waiting for the ceremony but I m still waiting to apply

Have you heard anything Rymon?

Quote Originally Posted by rymon333 View Post
    Not yet, let me know when u get one. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Omicarlo View Post
    one of my friend applied the citizenship in mid November and was approved on the 29th Nov now waiting for the ceremony but I m still waiting to apply
    November 2021 or 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica201 View Post
    November 2021 or 2022?
    I assume he meant 2022.

I applied online on 16/11/2022 as a family application. SMC visa background. Russians. Application contained children including those older than 15, so I was expecting to not pass automated checks and have a long waiting period. Today I've got an approval email. Just 3 weeks!

Kia ora,
    Just want to share after 4 years 8 mos. since I got my residence visa, I applied online on the 16th October 2022 and received the email approval today, 07th Dec 2022. Even though the online calculator keep saying I don't meet the presence requirement. Thanks to this forum and Jandm, very helpful indeed. Eagerly awaiting for the ceremony. Best of luck to those who are still waiting.
    Cheers!

Congratulations!

Great news today, my wife and I applied for citizenship on 23 November 2022 and we got the approval email today!
    Just waiting for the ceremony schedule which will probably be next year as I indicated on my application that I'll be going on holiday. I can't wait! Thank you everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by EVP2017 View Post
    Kia ora,
    Just want to share after 4 years 8 mos. since I got my residence visa, I applied online on the 16th October 2022 and received the email approval today, 07th Dec 2022. Even though the online calculator keep saying I don't meet the presence requirement. Thanks to this forum and Jandm, very helpful indeed. Eagerly awaiting for the ceremony. Best of luck to those who are still waiting.
    Cheers!
    Hi EVP2017,
    Regarding your presence requirement, did it at some point state you meet the requirement after your application? Or just throughout the entire time it states you do not meet the presence requirement? Have made an application but the calculator keeps stating I am not eligible. I confirmed with DIA after submitting documents through email that I have fulfilled the presence requirement, as for the calculator they have no answer, which feels really feels annoying as this means my application cannot be fast tracked. I wanted to take it further but I don't know how.

Do you use a phone or a computer when using the presence calculator? By manually counting the days, I knew I was already eligible but I found that everytime I used a computer to use the presence calculator it keeps saying I don't meet the requirements but when I used my phone to check, it confirmed that I was indeed eligible to apply.

Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 7677787980 ... LastLast