Page 83 of 96 FirstFirst ... 8182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

Quote Originally Posted by sunny_singh305 View Post
    hey mate, i got the response from DIA that there were only limited people that have been added to the ceremony in Feb and i was not included again !!!!.
    They said there will another ceremony in late March which i hope will be invited to. Let me know if you do get invitation for Feb from DIA.
    Hi Mate,
    Thanks for the update.That seem to be a terrible news. Did they forget to add you? It is bit odd and sounds hard to believe you have not been added after this long and twice your name has been omitted or are there no ceremonies in February? If there is why is it not updated in their website.I dont think I will get invitation for febraury as I got approved way after you got approved. So it is out of the question for me to receive if you have failed to receive one.

Quote Originally Posted by sagarjacky View Post
    Hi Mate,
    Thanks for the update.That seem to be a terrible news. Did they forget to add you? It is bit odd and sounds hard to believe you have not been added after this long and twice your name has been omitted or are there no ceremonies in February? If there is why is it not updated in their website.I dont think I will get invitation for febraury as I got approved way after you got approved. So it is out of the question for me to receive if you have failed to receive one.
    hey mate, i dont know how DIA allocate people to ceremony. Just a heads up, there is a citizenship ceremony scheduled for March 22 in Hamilton and I have been tentatively included into the ceremony. Although i have been told that the official invitation should come 3-4 weeks prior to ceremony. Hope you get yours too for March as well.

Hello everyone,

I am preparing to apply for citizenship. I've got my residency on 21 May 2018 and had a month travel during my 1st year as resident. Considering this travel and counting backwards from the date of application, I am technically eligible to apply on the 16 Feb 2023. I read some of the posts that even if you think you are eligible by counting the days backwards manually, the citizenship calculator still states "ineligible and presence requirement has not met". I haven't experience it yet myself and will try it within this week. Is it better to wait until the citizenship calculator states that present requirement has met and eligible to apply or should I apply even "ineligible" in citizenship calculator but eligible based on counting backwards manually. Any advise for those who has applied already and got approved. Thanks.

I read some of the posts that even if you think you are eligible by counting the days backwards manually, the citizenship calculator still states "ineligible and presence requirement has not met".
    This does sometimes happen, not always.

See here https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...374#post598374 for the opinion of someone who has been through this.

Hi, did anyone got asked before to send their physical passport although they applied online. I had this request from my case officer

Yes, it sometimes is required.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    This does sometimes happen, not always.

See here https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...374#post598374 for the opinion of someone who has been through this.
    I've just checked the online citizenship calculator today and it says I met the presence requirement!!I will submit my online application tomorrow! Thanks
    Last edited by thonfranc; 16th February 2023 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica201 View Post
    What's the external agencies check involved? How long does it usually take? Mine was 5 weeks since the case allocated to officer. Called call center and they said still waiting for the response from external agency. I feel a bit nervous.
    Did you get a response yet?

Quote Originally Posted by sunny_singh305 View Post
    hey mate, i dont know how DIA allocate people to ceremony. Just a heads up, there is a citizenship ceremony scheduled for March 22 in Hamilton and I have been tentatively included into the ceremony. Although i have been told that the official invitation should come 3-4 weeks prior to ceremony. Hope you get yours too for March as well.
    Hello Mate ,
    So have you got the invitation for March 22 ceremony. Did you get any update? How long does one have before conditional one expires?and within that timeframe if the district council could not arrange a ceremony date do we have to reapply and again we have to spend the fees?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by sagarjacky View Post
    Hello Mate ,
    So have you got the invitation for March 22 ceremony. Did you get any update? How long does one have before conditional one expires?and within that timeframe if the district council could not arrange a ceremony date do we have to reapply and again we have to spend the fees?

Thanks,
    Current policy (per the Citizenship Guidance Document) is that you are required to take the oath or affirmation of allegiance within one year of being advised that your grant of citizenship is conditional on such: if you do not, the grant will lapse.

There are some circumstances where this time may be extended: a circumstance outside of your control would qualify, however you are responsible for requesting this extension (it will not be done automatically) at least four weeks before your conditional grant is due to lapse. If it does lapse, you will indeed need to reapply for New Zealand citizenship if you still wish to become a citizen.

Page 83 of 96 FirstFirst ... 8182838485 ... LastLast