Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 8586878889 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 959

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

  1. #861
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    25

    Default

    thankyou

  2. #862
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    13

    Default

    * Period 1: April 17th 2018 to April 17th 2019
    (72 days outside of NZ)
    * Period 2: April 17th 2019 to April 17th 2020
    * Period 3: April 17th 2020 to April 17th 2021
    * Period 4: April 17th 2021 to April 17th 2022
    * Period 5: April 17th 2022 to April 17th 2023
    (33 days outside of NZ)

    My resident visa granted on 12/04/2018, based on my manual calculation and INZ travel records, I meet all the presence requirements , but the online presence calculator shows I’m not eligible, error code 213.

    Anyone knows what might be the reason?

    I emailed DIA regarding this issue, they replied me:
    “The calculator is taking information directly from Immigration New Zealand to determine if you meet the presence requirements for New Zealand citizenship. If you believe the result is incorrect, please contact Immigration New Zealand to discuss your visa status and your arrival and departure records. If you believe the result is incorrect, please contact Immigration New Zealand to discuss your visa status and your arrival and departure record. Please note that if you apply and are not eligible, you may not receive a full refund.”

    I then emailed them the INZ records, they basically ignored me: “Thank you for providing all this information, however once your application is allocated a Case Officer we will cross check everything with the agencies.”

    I applied on 17/04, they now know the fact that I’m eligible and the delay of my application is/ will be caused by their system error. But they are not willing to help me to do anything to make sure that I will not be unfairly disadvantaged by this.

    Any suggestions from here? Anyone made complaints to DIA?

  3. #863
    Join Date
    Mar 2023
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fhnz2023 View Post
    * Period 1: April 17th 2018 to April 17th 2019
    (72 days outside of NZ)
    * Period 2: April 17th 2019 to April 17th 2020
    * Period 3: April 17th 2020 to April 17th 2021
    * Period 4: April 17th 2021 to April 17th 2022
    * Period 5: April 17th 2022 to April 17th 2023
    (33 days outside of NZ)

    My resident visa granted on 12/04/2018, based on my manual calculation and INZ travel records, I meet all the presence requirements , but the online presence calculator shows I’m not eligible, error code 213.

    Anyone knows what might be the reason?

    I emailed DIA regarding this issue, they replied me:
    “The calculator is taking information directly from Immigration New Zealand to determine if you meet the presence requirements for New Zealand citizenship. If you believe the result is incorrect, please contact Immigration New Zealand to discuss your visa status and your arrival and departure records. If you believe the result is incorrect, please contact Immigration New Zealand to discuss your visa status and your arrival and departure record. Please note that if you apply and are not eligible, you may not receive a full refund.”

    I then emailed them the INZ records, they basically ignored me: “Thank you for providing all this information, however once your application is allocated a Case Officer we will cross check everything with the agencies.”

    I applied on 17/04, they now know the fact that I’m eligible and the delay of my application is/ will be caused by their system error. But they are not willing to help me to do anything to make sure that I will not be unfairly disadvantaged by this.

    Any suggestions from here? Anyone made complaints to DIA?
    I would suggest to wait until you will be allocated a Case Officer. As you mentioned, you only applied on 17/04 which is less than a week. Though applying online might be fast, it still needs time to allocate a Case Officer.
    I totally understand your concern as I was the one who found the error code. If you are really worried, following up with the email saying your error code is 213. As the DIA now is aware of this issue, your application will less likely be treated unfairly.

  4. #864
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Will do. They ignored my emails by replying standard template. I requested escalation but they didn’t do it. I will call them again today and lodge a complaint. Hopefully they will take it more seriously

  5. #865
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Fj/Nz
    Posts
    557

    Default

    I don't think it is yet the time to make a complaint. I think your application will be soon picked up by the CO.
    Just wait patiently it will come through. Recent applications are being processed fairly quickly, and some even in a couple of few weeks
    Last edited by farfaraway; 24th April 2023 at 03:10 PM.

  6. #866
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    13

    Default

    I’m totally happy to wait if they escalated my case. Basically they emailed me to tell just wait for an officer, but they didn’t make any notes under my application at all. So I’m concerning it might take very long (like 9-12 months) for an officer to be allocated, since I failed the automated checks due to error code 213

  7. #867
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Fj/Nz
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fhnz2023 View Post
    I’m totally happy to wait if they escalated my case. Basically they emailed me to tell just wait for an officer, but they didn’t make any notes under my application at all. So I’m concerning it might take very long (like 9-12 months) for an officer to be allocated, since I failed the automated checks due to error code 213
    Got it. May be just ring them so as for them to take a note on error code 213. I suppose, they are fixing the calc as seen in one of the posts here, and they might be well aware of the discrepancies on the out put of the calc.

  8. #868
    Join Date
    Apr 2023
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    13

    Default

    I called them just now. they advised me two things:
    1. there is no escalation process, no one can escalate anything regarding application process. you can only make compliant.
    2. there are two system for presence calculation. one is for public, which is the DIA calculator we use, this calculator is just a estimate. another one is for their internal use, they use that one to check if you passes the automated checks.

    I highly doubt on what she has advised me. there are people who escalated the matter and got manual checked by DIA. I think she was just trying to clam me down so I won't make any dramas.....

    it is very frustrating... anyone can tell me how they successfully escalated their issue? many thanks

  9. #869
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    37,854

    Default

    I know that all INZ applications are worked in order of date of application, so I would expect the system to be the same for DIA. What has given you the impression that some people's cases have been worked out of order?

  10. #870
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farfaraway View Post
    I don't think it is yet the time to make a complaint. I think your application will be soon picked up by the CO.
    Just wait patiently it will come through. Recent applications are being processed fairly quickly, and some even in a couple of few weeks
    when did u applied

Page 87 of 96 FirstFirst ... 8586878889 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •