Page 33 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

Quote Originally Posted by UmbrellaR View Post
    I got a separate email that my certificate will be printed on the 27th of May and will be couriered within 3 weeks.
    I was approved 2 weeks before you and have heard nothing about certificate printing. It's a bit irritating how little regard there seems to be with the queue. Congratulations though.
    Last edited by MajorLiggs; 21st May 2022 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorLiggs View Post
    I was approved 2 weeks before you and have heard nothing about certificate printing. It's a bit irritating how little regard there seems to be with the queue. Congratulations though.
    MajorLiggs, same for me too! I was approved 1.5 weeks before UmbrellaR and heard nothing :-( Oh well, at least now I know others are waiting too. Please send us certificates soon so we can get our passports and then we can book our Fiji winter getaway to celebrate

Hi guys, I applied in November 2021 and got approval email this week - no previous contact with the case officer. About 6 months, pretty lucky. The best of luck to you all!
    Last edited by Sebastian91; 21st May 2022 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonAndPaeroa View Post
    Either there is some form of prioritization going on, or the handling is something like this:

1) Automated check > pass (unlikely though because then people applying today could be approved today)
    Yeah unlikely but this explains why many of us have been getting DIA's automated approval mail late at night (including me - sent after 9PM) or COs could be working late to clear the backlog like the other commenter said.

Either way, timeframe is definitely getting reduced. Seeing as CO didn't contact me before automated approval mail, perhaps things are getting automated more?

I guess we'll never know

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian91 View Post
    Hi guys, I applied in November 2021 and got approval email this week - no previous contact with the case officer. About 6 months, pretty lucky. The best of luck to you all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auckland2016 View Post
    MajorLiggs, same for me too! I was approved 1.5 weeks before UmbrellaR and heard nothing :-( Oh well, at least now I know others are waiting too. Please send us certificates soon so we can get our passports and then we can book our Fiji winter getaway to celebrate
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorLiggs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer456 View Post
    Hi everyone ,

Just an update on behalf of my friend. Sharing his timeline

Citizenship applied : 19 August 2021
    details confirm email: 07 May 2022
    Citizenship approval : 13 May 2022

now waiting for citizenship certificate. Very happy for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by UmbrellaR View Post
    I got a seperate email that my certificate will be printed on the 27th of May and will be couriered within 3 weeks.

Were all your docs, birth certificate in English? or had it all translated?
    Just trying to figure out, if translation is causing the delay is all
    Last edited by azure; 24th May 2022 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by azure View Post
    when I applied 2 weeks back, I had original as well as translated copy with my application. And same with my friend as he got approved within 9 month.

All my documents were in English, and I'm still waiting after 10 months. Also, I have not left the country since I first arrived in 2015, so for sure no issues with time spent in NZ.

There just seems to be no pattern to it at all.

All my docs were in English. Cheers

Thank you all for shedding more light on this matter.

My speculation is that they would 'release' applications in the queue into their new auto checks system and those came out 'green' would get final sign-off by a CO before the approval email reaches us. Applications that do not 'pass' the auto checks will get longer to process.
    But not always an all-english-document application would be a smooth check because I've seen someone said earlier in this thread that they were asked to do their identity check again by their CO even though they had done it successfully when submitting their online application. After the identity check was done again, they almost got their approval immediately.

So any factors of your application could be the cause of the delay, not just that your original docs are not in English

Page 33 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast