Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

Quote Originally Posted by vdktqtvqt View Post
    hi guys, I have a question. How long will Case Officer (CO) first make contact via email/phone after the application is allocated?

I have called DIA last Friday and they said that my application has been assigned to CO however I haven't received any email from CO to confirm my details.
    I phoned DIA today they told me the same thing that my application has been allocated but it's up to CO whether they want to contact you or not.

You normally receive confirmation of details email when your application is almost ready to get approved.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKiwi View Post
    Lots of January applicants getting approvals! Congratulations!!

Funny story: my friend applied in February, and just got allocated a CO. His first contact was a request for a new photo, because the one he submitted was more than 6 months old. Well, duh! It's about 10 months old!

My application got approved exactly after 11 months.

thanks heart_prince34

This page has updated to include a lot more information regarding "average unallocated citizenship applications by month"

https://www.govt.nz/browse/passports...on-timeframes/

Quote Originally Posted by MajorLiggs View Post
    This page has updated to include a lot more information regarding "average unallocated citizenship applications by month"

All I see is the backlog just keeps getting bigger.

The paper backlog peaked in Sep 2021 at 8,273 and has since come down to 7,423 in November. This is understandable because of covid-19, people had to apply online when office closure happened.

The online backlog doubled from Jan to Nov.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorLiggs View Post

Hey MajorLiggs, I saw your comment in other thread which said that you and your wife are applying for citizenship. May I know if you two applied separately or under the same application? I'm pondering whether my partner and I should apply separately (under our own Realme acct) or together (under mine or her Realme acct). Not sure if it would make a difference. It's just that I haven't come across any mentioning of whether single applicant or multiple applicant applications will have different timeline for processing. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ht8990 View Post
    Hey MajorLiggs, I saw your comment in other thread which said that you and your wife are applying for citizenship. May I know if you two applied separately or under the same application? I'm pondering whether my partner and I should apply separately (under our own Realme acct) or together (under mine or her Realme acct). Not sure if it would make a difference. It's just that I haven't come across any mentioning of whether single applicant or multiple applicant applications will have different timeline for processing. Thanks
    I don't see it making a difference as far as getting approval in principle goes: all applicants must meet the applicable requirements in their own right. Where the difference could come in is if you want to attend the citizenship ceremony together: in this case, one application taking longer to process (for whatever reason) will result in a later citizenship ceremony for all grouped applicants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    I don't see it making a difference as far as getting approval in principle goes: all applicants must meet the applicable requirements in their own right. Where the difference could come in is if you want to attend the citizenship ceremony together: in this case, one application taking longer to process (for whatever reason) will result in a later citizenship ceremony for all grouped applicants.

Thank you for always helping out with my questions. Here's another one please
    I can foresee that my partner and I would need to renew our overseas passport around July-August 2022 (we're eligible to apply for nz citizenship mid Feb 2022). What would I need to do when the new overseas passports are available if you know please? Thanks

I can foresee that my partner and I would need to renew our overseas passport around July-August 2022 (we're eligible to apply for nz citizenship mid Feb 2022). What would I need to do when the new overseas passports are available if you know please? Thanks
    There's no official information around this, but in your place, I would keep the Department of Internal Affairs updated if you need to renew a passport while your application is being processed. I don't anticipate that this will be too different from INZ: they'll probably want to sight the new passport when it arrives and I don't see it being much more than that.

You don’t have to renew your current passport. DIA allows you to use your expired passport for your citizenship application.

Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast