Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

Congrats

Mine was submitted to Christchurch By courier on 17th FEB and Payment was taken on 18th February 2021

Still no news

hi good day

i receive email from DIA to confirm details

This has just happened, do you mean?

yes sir the email come at 8030am NZ time today

Hi All, Happy new year Everyone.

I applied my NZ citizenship 9th feb 2021. On the day I applied my citizenship, presence in NZ requirement on online calculator was showing me “you are eligible to apply”.

I have received an email from citizenship office saying this is how your details will be recorded on citizenship certificate if approved on 21 dec 2021. They also asked me some additional documents.

I checked the online calculator today again 17th jan 2022 to check my presence requirement(after a year) and the calculator is showing me “you are not eligible”

Any idea why is that ? Should i worry ?

Presence is calculated at the time when you make your application and pay the fee -- if you met the presence requirement then, you should be fine as far as the presence requirement is concerned.

Without wanting to speculate too much, it's possible that you are already a New Zealand citizen (but just haven't received the certificate yet), and that the calculator is showing you as ineligible due to INZ cancelling your current visa.

In your place, if you don't receive some communication very shortly to explain this, I would ask the citizenship office what is going on. Anything any of us can say can't be definite, even though it may be a good guess, because we don't have access to the official files.

I received email today asking confirmation about my details. It will be exactly the 11th month since we submitted it last year 17Feb21.

just a query with regards to given name, middle & surname

Since we are thru online application. I have wrote my middle name under the given name (no middle names on the form). So only given name (includes my middle name) and surname is being asked to confirm. is this ok or should I inform the officer?

Although the email is not an approval letter its kind of relief after all this waiting game.

I called them today and got this reply :
    Your application is currently waiting for validation and afterwards it should follow to the Minister for approval.
    what does this mean ???????????

Just curious why my application will follow to minister for approval ? I was thinking my case officer would approve it. Anyone?

Page 6 of 96 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast