Page 35 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

Quote Originally Posted by azure View Post
    True. I've got the approval yet the tool still shows that I'm ineligible. What a joke of a tool
    In your instance, this could be because your citizenship certificate has been issued, and your current visa therefore cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    because your citizenship certificate has been issued, .
    No, not issued yet. Haven't even heard about the printing date. They've only sent the auto-approval mail. CO also sent an email confirming my name change but no printing date yet

Quote Originally Posted by avidza View Post
    Does entire family processing happens together even if one person's approval is taking time does entire family approval goes into waiting

That's a good point actually. Perhaps they're prioritizing & processing the single applicants first along with those applicants in a family that did not want to attend ceremony as a group, over the group-ceremony-applicants

But I could be wrong, after looking at Majorliggs family's timeline
    Last edited by azure; 26th May 2022 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rwnbaid View Post
    we had to renew our kid's passport and transfer the PRV. Not sure if that confuses the tool in some way
    yeah, good point. I did too, not to mention the name change. May be that's what confused the tool

Hi All, thought I should share this bit of information I just got from DIA.

1. So all applications will be loaded into the automated checks system as they are submitted (yes, you submit today, yours gets in the automated checks today).

2. If your application passes the automated checks, it will go to basket 1 where it's only waiting for a sign-off and an approval letter/email will be sent out soon, no contacts from CO. As the number of passed applications could be in the thousands, it will take a while for the sign-off and approval notice, but we're not talking months long while.

3. If your application got dropped off from the automated checks (meaning not a pass), it will go to basket 2 where it waits for a CO allocation and this is where the wait is gonna be months...
    Mine was confirmed to drop off the automated checks and is now in basket 2 (FML) even though it's the most straightforward there is out there, no convictions, no outstanding debts, no name change, no PR visa transfer from old to new passport, presence tool was green when I submitted etc but my original birth cert is not in English

4. When asked when my application could be allocated to a CO, DIA told me that they're currently working on May 2021 applications so it will take a while - again FML

Hope it's helpful in some ways for you
    Last edited by ht8990; 26th May 2022 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ht8990 View Post
    is now in basket 2 (FML)

so it will take a while - again FML
    now now, don't lose hope. I submitted on 1st Dec'21 & Mine was allocated to CO before, got approval just today

FWIW, I feel you'll get your CO mail in a few weeks as you submitted mid-Feb and that's not too far behind from mine, only 2.5 months away
    Last edited by Michaeln; 26th May 2022 at 01:01 PM.

even though it's the most straightforward there is out there, no convictions, no outstanding debts, no name change, no PR visa transfer from old to new passport, presence tool was green when I submitted etc but my original birth cert is not in English
    mine too, no convictions, no outstanding debts, no name change, no PR visa transfer from old to new passport, presence tool was green when I submitted etc AND my original birth cert is in English
    but was STILL allocated to CO

Hi All, thought I should share this bit of information I just got from DIA.

1. So all applications will be loaded into the automated checks system as they are submitted (yes, you submit today, yours gets in the automated checks today).

2. If your application passes the automated checks, it will go to basket 1 where it's only waiting for a sign-off and an approval letter/email will be sent out soon, no contacts from CO. As the number of passed applications could be in the thousands, it will take a while for the sign-off and approval notice, but we're not talking months long while.

3. If your application got dropped off from the automated checks (meaning not a pass), it will go to basket 2 where it waits for a CO allocation and this is where the wait is gonna be months...
    Mine was confirmed to drop off the automated checks and is now in basket 2 (FML) even though it's the most straightforward there is out there, no convictions, no outstanding debts, no name change, no PR visa transfer from old to new passport, presence tool was green when I submitted etc but my original birth cert is not in English

4. When asked when my application could be allocated to a CO, DIA told me that they're currently working on May 2021 applications so it will take a while - again FML

Hope it's helpful in some ways for you
    Well that was much more helpful that the response I got from DIA, which was just to tell me that I had not been allocated to a CO yet.

I submitted in July 2021, so if they are only up to May, I've got a bit of a wait as well.

And at least I now have an explanation about why mine is taking so long, as I had a name change and corresponding new passport while on my resident visa.

Thank you so much for sharing this information!

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeln View Post
    now now, don't lose hope. I submitted on 1st Dec'21 & Mine was allocated to CO before, got approval just today
    so you'll get your CO mail in a few weeks as you submitted mid-Feb and that's not too far behind from mine, only 2.5 months
    Weird. I obviously am in basket 2, needing a CO. If you submitted in Dec '21, I should have gotten a CO before you, as I submitted in July '21.

Still no deciphering the system at DIA...

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKiwi View Post
    I should have gotten a CO before you, as I submitted in July '21.

Sorry IDK

I can only speculate that for reasons I mentioned @ 11:44 AM, mine was a bit more straightforward & was auto-approved in basket 1, perhaps?

seeing as the only mail from CO was "Your personal details are recorded as name.... ... DOB .... address ..... please confirm ...... ..... ... ".
    I confirmed and that's all they asked me

Last edited by Michaeln; 26th May 2022 at 01:52 PM.

Page 35 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3334353637 ... LastLast