Page 37 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

Quote Originally Posted by ht8990 View Post
    So basket 1 may or may not get a detail confirmation email from a CO. I suppose the first batch of basket 1 got approved without the detail confirmation email.
    Not to confuse you guys, but mine went a bit differently.
    But it's clear by now that mine was from basket 1

First I got the mail "Tēnā koe .................

The Minister of Internal Affairs has authorised the grant of New Zealand citizenship to you."

Only later, I had CO mail me about my name change

Hope it helps newkiwi, if not the rest of you

Quote Originally Posted by LemonAndPaeroa View Post
    That doesn't explain why for example some November '21 applications have been approved before October '21 applications..
    I feel like basket one order is coherent and they're following FCFS order in basket one seeing as

Majorliggs, an October applicant got it in April

and then Sebastian91, Azure, that are November applicants got approved last week

and later I got it today.

Not sure about the basket 2 order though. Perhaps that depends on how complicated the profile is,
    Last edited by Michaeln; 26th May 2022 at 05:34 PM.

remember Sameer's friend?
    There are a few odd basket 1 cases like me and him..We both got CO email us to confirm details first and then later got auto approval. So I still feel like verification mail depends on the CO allocated to us

He applied on 19 August 2021
    details confirm email: 07 May 2022
    Citizenship approval : 13 May 2022

Quote Originally Posted by sally300 View Post
    Hi Kiwi

I applied the first week of June 2021 and I have not heard a peep apart from being told wait my turn. I am already over the wait time for the allocated 11 months to be assigned a CO and again I have just been told to wait and that a CO hasn't even been allocated.

for reference I applied online. I have no documentation in another language. I don't know why I didn't pass the automated checks and whenever I ask to speak to someone senior I am told no one is available. In a couple of weeks it will be a year since I applied and still NO CO ALLOCATED.

You are not alone in your frustration. I am slightly terrified that the longer I am waiting the more something of which I am not aware of has been flagged. At least tell me why there is a problem even if I have to keep waiting just some information would be nice.
    Hey Sally,

Try not to worry overly about something being wrong. We're probably just stuck in an infuriatingly long queue. And if, as they told ht8990, they are up to May 2021 in basket 2, your turn should come up soon.

I'll be curious to see, once your CO is assigned, how long they take to assign mine. I applied about 7 weeks behind you, in the last week of July.

Hi guys, hope you all are keeping warm and dry!

I'm just a bit curious around this thing. Have you heard that one was able to apply for a NZ passport before they attended the citizenship ceremony back when we had ceremonies pre-covid or has any of you done so yourself?
    I'm wondering if it's even a possibility that DIA would give us the citizenship certificate number via phone/email once it's printed (but prior to the ceremony) so that we could apply for an urgent passport...
    Thanks in advance you all
    Last edited by ht8990; 30th May 2022 at 09:57 PM.

This is was in the email I received when they contacted me about my certificate printing day.

“If you urgently require a Passport please email us on [certificate printing day] and we will provide the Citizenship number needed.”

So yes. Though they expect it to be couriered wording 7 days of printing anyway. So you might save a week.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorLiggs View Post
    This is was in the email I received when they contacted me about my certificate printing day.

“If you urgently require a Passport please email us on [certificate printing day] and we will provide the Citizenship number needed.”

So yes. Though they expect it to be couriered wording 7 days of printing anyway. So you might save a week.
    Thanks for the insight.
    I very much suspect that by the time I have mine approved, the notoriously long waiting ceremonies will have resumed and it might take another 3 months on top of the application processing for us to get attended a ceremony.
    I hope they would still be flexible with the cert number so that we can apply for urgent passport if we need it.

Quote Originally Posted by ht8990 View Post
    DIA would give us the citizenship certificate number via phone/email once it's printed (but prior to the ceremony) so that we could apply for an urgent passport...
    It's probably none of my business but why the rush though, cos they're usually not that slow in processing after certificate printing is over.
    Seeing as you can still take short trips now, while your application is still getting processed, IDK why the rush to apply for an urgent passport

not to mention, you'd have waited long enough to get the certificate anyway, might as well wait a month to get passport but that's just me

unless you're looking to move out right after, in which case, I understand the urgency

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeln View Post
    they're usually not that slow in processing after certificate printing is over

source: dia.services.govt.nz says "Standard passports are processed in approximately 1 month"

Page 37 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3536373839 ... LastLast