Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

Quote Originally Posted by sally300 View Post
    I still haven't heard a single thing even though my application is over the 11 months they quote to be assigned a CO on their website.
    I emailed and got the response....

Thank you for your query about citizenship application processing times.

The reason we can process some applications faster than others is because we use automated checks on some applications.

Automated checks can confirm if an applicant is eligible. This includes calculating an applicant's presence in New Zealand. This means these applications need fewer checks by a Citizenship officer.

An applicant may be eligible, but they may not pass the automated checks. This may mean their application takes longer to process.

I am now worried there may of been a fault with the online calculator since I applied two days after the calculator told me I was eligible too. Otherwise I can't think of any of reason in which I wouldn't have passed the automated checks.

Happy for all those who have received theirs so quickly but definitely feeling left out in the cold lol
    Has your case been assigned to a CO? I think you applied in May 2021 if I’m not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackboy View Post
    Wow, it's indeed two months just to print a certificate.
    They must wait to get a certain number before sending them to the printers.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ozman750 View Post
    lulu76, Congrates.

Could you please specify what kind of extra information they required. Because it is self-explanatory when considering an online application. Are they seeking out more information/data other than specified in the Online applictaion? Please inform us so that we may prepare the necessary data.Enable GingerCannot connect to Ginger Check your internet connection
    or reload the browserDisable in this text fieldRephraseRephrase current sentenceEdit in Ginger×
    Hey thanks Ozman

in the meantime I have also received an email saying I have been granted citizenship
    The extra information needed was a new photo ID. I have long hair and it was bit on the side of my face so I took another photo with hair tied up and that worked. I also informed that my (foreign) passport used at the time of application had been renewed since the old one expired. So I sent the copy of the new one.

Updated timeline

11 January 2022 - Applied online
    22 June 2022 - Additional information required email from DIA ( I responded with additional info on 26 June): new photo ID with clear face (no hair on the side of the face, looking straight) . I went to take this photo to a photographer to be sure.
    1 July 2022 - Confirmation details email from DIA (I responded same day)
    Sunday 3 July: email received 'You have been approved for New Zealand citizenship'

I was surprised to receive the email on a Sunday but hey! That was a great feeling. Now awaiting for printed certificate in the next two months.

Quote Originally Posted by ht8990 View Post
    Just 2-3 days ago someone shared that they got the certificate exactly 2 months from their approval email (or one day shy of 2 months), go back one page you'll see that post
    A week before the end of 2 months, I felt a bit antsy because I saw others in the forum received the citizenship certificates even they got the approval emails after us. So I emailed my CO enquiring the certificate printing date for us. CO replied that it was scheduled next week, just 2 working days before the end of 2 months. I thought there was no way our certificates would arrive before the 2 months as it promised. Guess what, the certificates got printed and they were couriered overnight to Auckland on the last working day of the 2 months! Anyway, as far as I see, some people got their certificates printed faster and some are slower, perhaps living in Wellington helps? Good luck to everyone who is waiting! It won't hurt to email Citizenship Ceremonies to enquire your printing date.

Quote Originally Posted by lulu76 View Post
    Hey thanks Ozman

in the meantime I have also received an email saying I have been granted citizenship
    The extra information needed was a new photo ID. I have long hair and it was bit on the side of my face so I took another photo with hair tied up and that worked. I also informed that my (foreign) passport used at the time of application had been renewed since the old one expired. So I sent the copy of the new one.

Updated timeline

11 January 2022 - Applied online
    22 June 2022 - Additional information required email from DIA ( I responded with additional info on 26 June): new photo ID with clear face (no hair on the side of the face, looking straight) . I went to take this photo to a photographer to be sure.
    1 July 2022 - Confirmation details email from DIA (I responded same day)
    Sunday 3 July: email received 'You have been approved for New Zealand citizenship'

I was surprised to receive the email on a Sunday but hey! That was a great feeling. Now awaiting for printed certificate in the next two months.
    Did you transfer your PR visa to the new passport?

Quote Originally Posted by amities View Post
    Did you transfer your PR visa to the new passport?
    I did not do it on tlme but also have no plans of leaving the country so I guess there's no point now (and not sure if even possible now that I got the approval email, as it takes a few weeks)

I think I will get my current passport endorsed as soon as I get the certificate and start the process for a NZ passport as well.

Finally my turn!!

"Congratulations! Your grant of New Zealand citizenship has been approved."

At last! After almost a year.

My Citizenship Timeline:

26 July 2021 Applied in person in Christchurch
    16 June 2022 Email confirming details
    23 June 2022 Request for more information
    28 June 2022 Emailed additional documents
    08 July 2022 Snail mail confirming approval of application (dated 30 June)
    Now waiting for certificate

Congratulations!

Got approved email today.

Roughly 3months from application to approval.
    My case was as straight forward as it can be.

Clearly automated check is working for some.

That's very fast Congratulations

Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5253545556 ... LastLast