Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 949596

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

Thanks Kelerei and I'll have a read!

Quote Originally Posted by nzfrog View Post
    Sure. It was birth certificate (which is very surprising to me that we missed this, but we have busy lives ) and Marriage Certificate in the original language (we provided the translated one)
    Thank you nzfrog,
    Was your document translation done by DIA?

In my case, I provided my birth certificate translation (done overseas) to Immigration NZ and they never had any issue with that. Now, I am going to apply for citizenship and I am not sure if DIA will accept the same birth certificate or if should I get a new translation approved by DIA?

Birth certificate was plurilingual but sounds like we just initially did not provide any at all.
    And honestly we don't remember what we gave to DIA.
    Marriage Certificate was in French and it's the same translated document that we provided to INZ when processing our Resident Visa 6 years ago (we gave to INZ the original document in French and the translation made by a NAATI accredited translator in Australia)
    This time for Citizenship we provided to DIA the translation only but they recently came back to us saying they needed the original French document as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kea007 View Post
    Thank you nzfrog,
    Was your document translation done by DIA?
    Over the years we misplaced my wife's certificate translation. Please see DIA translation team response

>>Unfortunately we have misplaced my wife's birth certificate translation. So we would need a new one. Please, find the scanned original in attachment.

>Many thanks for your email.

>If you are applying for

>please just submit your documents with your citizenship application. Your case officer will then submit the document to us internally to be translated and this fee is normally included in your citizenship fee. This applies to standard documents
    >such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, police clearances, etc.

>Please let us or the Citizenship Office know if you have any further questions.

I would suggest to do your own inquiry in case is something changes. You'll also have something to include in cover letter (screenshot of official e-mail) to explain why you did what you did.
    Last edited by Land; 7th September 2023 at 08:21 PM.

Sorry for not posting earlier but life is so busy.
    In the end, my husband got his citizenship approved in September before flying to France to visit his parents and he re-entered New Zealand in October with his PR and then he received the email about citizenship ceremony date which was held early November.
    So he is now a happy New Zealander too.
    This forum has been of an incredible help throughout our almost 8 years journey now, both for information and support given. We are grateful to all the members who shared their info and links to where we could get answers to our questions and a special thank you to JandM and more recently Kelerei. Thank you so much.

He also has received back his French passport endorsed with his New Zealand citizenship and is awaiting his Kiwi Passport now. He is the last of us 4 but also the one thanks to whom the journey started as he was the main applicant for our SMC resident visa (application started in Feb 2016, so almost 8 years ago).
    8 years of our life dreaming to make New Zealand our new country
    Last edited by nzfrog; 26th November 2023 at 06:31 AM. Reason: Typo

Congratulations, and all good wishes for your futures.

I echo the same words of nzfrog - applied citizenship on 12th Oct 2023 and received approval email on 25th Nov 2023. This forum has helped me a lot in the last 6 years. when I entered the country as a dependent visitor. Thanks a lot to J&M and Kelerei.

And to you, Bala666, congratulations, and have a happy and successful life.

Default Can we raise a complaint about citizenship processing time?

Hi All , Is there any way we can put some pressure to speed up the Citizenship application process. I had chat with one of MP candidate and he agreed he is able to raise this issues in Parliament.

Do you think it will help If I sent an official request to MP ?

Could you please give your suggestions?

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 949596