Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

Quote Originally Posted by l00k View Post
    I emailed my case officer today and was advised that she had finished processing, and that it had been sent off for validation and I can expect to hear from the team within next month. The tone is really positive.

Not much information is provided regarding the process. The policy document said the vast majority of applications are approved via schedule (list of names), by a senior Departmental official who holds delegated authority. Only 200-300 applications which don’t clearly meet all requirements will be submitted to the Minister (submission). So either way, the Minister is the final decision maker, via delegated authority or by personally considering the submissions.

My guess of the process would be something like this:

1/ Application is allocated to a citizenship officer

2/ The citizenship officer assesses the criteria set out in section 8 of the Act, by cross checking with Immigration NZ and other government departments. The officer also sends an email to confirm the address, DOB, legal name, place of birth.

3/ If the citizenship officer is satisfied that the applicant meets all the requirements, the file will be sent off for validation.

*not sure what validation means here - may be a 2PC like INZ does for residence visa?*

4/ A list of names will then be signed by a delegated authority of the Minister.

5/ The Department emails the people on the list that their applications had been approved.

6/ The certificate is printed and posted.

The usage of word here probably causes the confusion, especially when you talked to the contact centre on the phone.
    What does your online presence calculator says ? Mine started saying not eligible after one have week of receiving the confirm details email.

It still says that I met the requirements for citizenship by grant.

For curiosity though I log in INZ account and now the latest visa I could see is a resident visa granted in 2016. I remember distinctively that there used to be 2 residence class visa applications (resident visa in 2016 and permanent resident visa in 2018) on that portal.

22/1/2022: Today would have been our eligible date to apply if we hadn't travelled for 20 days during our first 12 months of our residency. This afternoon I checked the Presence Calculator and there it was the most anticipated notif that we've been anxiously waiting for. Underneath the cruel "You do not meet...", there's a new line saying "Check again in February 2022". We're so excited!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ht8990 View Post
    22/1/2022: Today would have been our eligible date to apply if we hadn't travelled for 20 days during our first 12 months of our residency. This afternoon I checked the Presence Calculator and there it was the most anticipated notif that we've been anxiously waiting for. Underneath the cruel "You do not meet...", there's a new line saying "Check again in February 2022". We're so excited!!!
    My 5 year anniversary isn't til March 2022. In November 2021 when I checked the presence calculator it says I do not meet the requirements. (did not say to check again at xxx) In December when I checked the presence calculator again, it says check again in January 2022. In January it now says to check again in February 2022.

I was out of NZ for 37 days more than the minimum days (240days) on first year.

I have received email respond from DIA and this is what they said about the presence calculator:

"If you do not currently meet the presence requirement, the tool calculates whether you will meet within the next three months.

You will need to use the calculator tool again next month."

Another Tuesday without news… reading from Geekzone it seems like they only send approval emails out weekly on a Tuesday.

Anyone who just got citizenship approved recently? Could you please do me a favour? Can you try the presence calculator and see what the results say?

Quote Originally Posted by l00k View Post
    Another Tuesday without news… reading from Geekzone it seems like they only send approval emails out weekly on a Tuesday.

Anyone who just got citizenship approved recently? Could you please do me a favour? Can you try the presence calculator and see what the results say?

"We could not find a result"
    ... tried this twice yesterday and this is what I received. I am guessing you as well received this?

I'm waiting for my NZ passport. I ran the Presence calculator today, the system shows me "You currently meet the presence requirements for New Zealand citizenship by grant."

Quote Originally Posted by andrae View Post

"We could not find a result"
    ... tried this twice yesterday and this is what I received. I am guessing you as well received this?
    No, for me it still shows that I currently meet the requirements.

Has it always displayed the same results for you? Did you apply under Samoan category?

Quote Originally Posted by vdktqtvqt View Post
    I'm waiting for my NZ passport. I ran the Presence calculator today, the system shows me "You currently meet the presence requirements for New Zealand citizenship by grant."
    Thank you, so that means even when you have an approval email, the calculator results might still show the same results. I asked this because there is a guy posted few days ago asking why his calculator changed from “eligible” to “not-eligible” while waiting for the process to complete.

[QUOTE=l00k;596547]No, for me it still shows that I currently meet the requirements.

Has it always displayed the same results for you? Did you apply under Samoan category?

I have checked again this morning and shows different "currently meet the requirements". Nope did not apply under Samoan Category

Just received my approval letter in post today. Not received any electronic email.

Applied 9th feb 2021
    Approved 31jan 2022

Now waiting for citizens certificate.

Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast