Page 31 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Citizenship Timeline - adults only

Quote Originally Posted by sally300 View Post
    I still haven't heard a single thing even though my application is over the 11 months they quote to be assigned a CO on their website.
    I emailed and got the response....

Thank you for your query about citizenship application processing times.

The reason we can process some applications faster than others is because we use automated checks on some applications.

Automated checks can confirm if an applicant is eligible. This includes calculating an applicant's presence in New Zealand. This means these applications need fewer checks by a Citizenship officer.

An applicant may be eligible, but they may not pass the automated checks. This may mean their application takes longer to process.

I am now worried there may of been a fault with the online calculator since I applied two days after the calculator told me I was eligible too. Otherwise I can't think of any of reason in which I wouldn't have passed the automated checks.

Happy for all those who have received theirs so quickly but definitely feeling left out in the cold lol
    Hi Sally, thanks so much for the update which is really answering a lot of questions for us all who are waiting. I applied on the day the system gave me the green light and it's in line with my own calculation. Still I'm worried because mine is not a neat 240 days in the final year before eligibility since I travelled overseas quite a bit in my first year of residency.
    Hopefully, your application will get its turn soon. Even though some didn't get prompt processing by the automated check system, we'd still enjoy some positive flow-on effect thanks to the new system getting some applications out of the ways to free up our beloved COs
    Last edited by ht8990; 16th May 2022 at 03:07 PM.

I emailed and got the response....

Thank you for your query about citizenship application processing times.

The reason we can process some applications faster than others is because we use automated checks on some applications.

Automated checks can confirm if an applicant is eligible. This includes calculating an applicant's presence in New Zealand. This means these applications need fewer checks by a Citizenship officer.

An applicant may be eligible, but they may not pass the automated checks. This may mean their application takes longer to process.
    I wonder what other automated checks they do? I had to delay my first appointment to apply due to my partner having a medical appointment, so it was several weeks from when the online calculator said I was eligible that I actually applied. And I haven't left NZ at all since I first arrived in 2015, so no question as to whether I met the presence requirement while on a resident visa.

My application seemed quite straightforward, with no translations or anything.

I am also hoping that because I asked a very specific question about my application, I won't just get a copy/paste type reply.
    Last edited by TheNewKiwi; 16th May 2022 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ht8990 View Post
    Even though some didn't get prompt processing by the automated check system, we'd still enjoy some positive flow-on effect thanks to the new system getting some applications out of the ways to free up our beloved COs
    Here's hoping! Kudos for looking on the bright side.

I still haven't heard a single thing even though my application is over the 11 months they quote to be assigned a CO on their website.

I am now worried there may of been a fault with the online calculator since I applied two days after the calculator told me I was eligible too. Otherwise I can't think of any of reason in which I wouldn't have passed the automated checks.

Happy for all those who have received theirs so quickly but definitely feeling left out in the cold lol
    sally300, we applied exactly 4 years and 240 days! I was so eager, on the morning of 4 years 240 days, the presence calculator showed us that I had not met the requirement. However, I checked again in the afternoon, the presence calculator now stated that I was eligible so I applied right away! Anyway, best of luck to you, hope you will hear from DIA soon! I hope DIA will accelerate certificate printing process too

Where do you see on website that CO is assigned or no?

Hi good people, I wonder if anybody can share their experience in getting in touch with DIA via their email please. How long did it take them to reply to your email? Thanks all

Hi good people, I wonder if anybody can share their experience in getting in touch with DIA via their email please. How long did it take them to reply to your email? Thanks all
    I'm curious as well.

I emailed yesterday. 24+ hours and still no reply (beyond the automated response). I'll update as soon as I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKiwi View Post
    I'm curious as well.

I emailed yesterday. 24+ hours and still no reply (beyond the automated response). I'll update as soon as I hear.
    I suppose the reasonable timeline is 1 week and I hope it is so at most.

I sent my first email last Friday afternoon and last night I double-checked the recipient address and it was wrong so re-sent to the correct address just before midnight

Sometimes they've taken me weeks to reply to my emails (my very polite emails, might I add).

Applied for NZ citizenship on 20/07/2021 and haven't received a single word from DIA, called DIA yesterday after seeing lot of people receiving their approval who applied long after me and after over an hour on hold was told that currently there is 11 months time to get a case officer. The representative could not answer if and how anyone else got the citizenship approved and stressed its going according to queue.

So confusing.

Page 31 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2930313233 ... LastLast