Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Resident Visa - phase one. How did you get on?

Well I eventually got in and went through the process. I ended up stuck at a page requiring me to upload evidence of my stable and genuine de facto partnership. My partner isn't included in the application, nor are they relevant at all to the application. I am also being required to submit a medical certificate because the "system has determined" that I need to upload one. Of course, med certificates are not required for the application as one was submitted well under 36 months ago with another application. I have not answered any previous questions incorrectly to prompt these upload requirements.

Anyone got any advice here or is the system just that broken?

Oh and I've been kicked off and can't log in again. Govt services at their very finest.

There are people who have already received the approval in principle of their residency 2021 visa. Sadly, i'm still not able to complete the application.

Quote Originally Posted by ptol View Post
    There are people who have already received the approval in principle of their residency 2021 visa. Sadly, i'm still not able to complete the application.
    Oh that's really good for them.
    And very interesting to hear that this scheme does fasttrack, within a day kind of fast once you got in...
    I'm on the same boat as you, still can't get in...I've been in NZ for about eight years now so I guess few more hours wait is not going to drive me nuts. (fingers crossed)

Quote Originally Posted by ptol View Post
    What?! So they are checking....nothing? How does it still cost 2k then? Not to fund the IT system it appears!

Quote Originally Posted by LemonAndPaeroa View Post
    What?! So they are checking....nothing? How does it still cost 2k then? Not to fund the IT system it appears!
    The 12 month turnaround time is 1 day of processing and 364 days of trying to log in.

Quote Originally Posted by hab View Post
    if there is more than 1 principal applicant (wife, children etc.) it asks for a completed INZ 1242
    I read on another site this might only be down to you as an individual, your home country etc?
    A few people shocked at needing some extra forms it seems.

Not me, I can't even log on today.

I couldn't find any official statement from immigration about the technical issue, but I trust whoever is reading the thread is also aware the on INZ website it tells you about "high demand", "technical issue".

Only found this post via an advisor company (not advertising for them, I was searching facebook via hashtag #NZIMMIGRATION hoping to find other user experiences)

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 17.32.39.jpg

I guess the point is, if we keep trying, we will eventually get in. Sounds like they did some testing but there was another issue beyond higher than anticipated application volume.

Visa finally submitted at 10:40pm. What a day. Lots of people on a facebook immigration group still trying to login and make their applications. Not a great day, but it will work itself out eventually. Just keep trying.

Finally got in the system, but on the form it says you can't apply through the system now.
    See what's displayed in below picture.
    Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 12.27.19.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sunfu View Post
    Finally got in the system, but on the form it says you can't apply through the system now.
    See what's displayed in below picture.
    Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 12.27.19.jpg
    Do you meet the requirements for Phase 1, as per S6.5.5(a)? Without knowing your personal circumstances, the wording of that error message indicates that you may be a Phase 2 applicant or ineligible entirely.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast