Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Resident Visa - phase one. How did you get on?

Quote Originally Posted by NiceCupOfTea View Post
    Well I eventually got in and went through the process. I ended up stuck at a page requiring me to upload evidence of my stable and genuine de facto partnership. My partner isn't included in the application, nor are they relevant at all to the application. I am also being required to submit a medical certificate because the "system has determined" that I need to upload one. Of course, med certificates are not required for the application as one was submitted well under 36 months ago with another application. I have not answered any previous questions incorrectly to prompt these upload requirements.

Anyone got any advice here or is the system just that broken?
    The form seemed to have errors in it for us, had that same medical question asked of us when we shouldn't have had it based on earlier answers.
    Last edited by hab; 3rd December 2021 at 09:18 PM.

Yes, I'm eligible, and have submitted the proper form.

I also did the alternative form, too and I noticed that the alternative form has less details comparing to the normal form.

Was trying to phone immigration to confirm if I still have to submit the proper one after submitted the alternative form, because there's no acknowledgement for the alternative form, but as you'd know, it's high call volume so I eventually gave up the call and just submit the proper form anyway.

But now on the my immigration account, the system is showing the application under the "unsubmitted" tab. (Although I do have a screenshot saying they've received my application.)

This is chaotic. I also haven't received any acknowledgement emails from INZ apart from a screenshot...

Just received an email telling me I'm have been principally approved for the 2021 resident visa. Yay.

It is the second fastest application I've had through INZ (the first one is 2013 Working Holiday Visa)

However, it's not so clear regarding how to proceed with the next steps.

In the automated email, which says do no reply, there's an attachment with two instructions, one asks me to reply to "the email" to confirm withdrawing my RTW application; the other one asks me to upload additional document called ‘other correspondence’ from the dropdown list, which is no where to be found.

Now calling immigration to figure out what should I do net, before sending my passport in.

(Here're the screenshots from the dropdown list)
    Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 15.14.36.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 15.14.46.jpg

Will let you know what answers I got from immigration.

Was advised to upload under passport and travel document and email this update to the immigration officer signed the communication PDF.

Approved

1st: Applied
    23rd: AIP letter received, then uploaded letter to withdraw RFW visa. Then received payment details for additional amount.
    24th: Paid in the evening
    29th: copies of visas received dated 29th

Approved

1 Dec: Started applying at 6am. Tried every 30 mins but unsuccessful due to technical glitches. Gave up at 11:20pm...
    2 Dec: Got online at 3:30am. Finished successful application by 5:30am.
    3 Dec: INZ acknowledges receipt of application.
    13 Dec: AIP letter received and uploaded letter to withdraw SMC visa application (SMC submitted 21 months ago...)
    14 Dec: Visa Approved and letter issued. (Found letter in my email spam folder a day later! ... )
    Last edited by sfs; 13th January 2022 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sfs View Post

1 Dec: Started applying at 6am. Tried every 30 mins but unsuccessful due to technical glitches. Gave up at 11:20pm...
    2 Dec: Got online at 3:30am. Finished successful application by 5:30am.
    3 Dec: INZ acknowledges receipt of application.
    13 Dec: AIP letter received and uploaded letter to withdraw SMC visa application (SMC submitted 21 months ago...)
    14 Dec: Visa Approved and letter issued. (Found letter in my email spam folder a day later! ... )
    Mine was submitted 3.5 hours before yours but I've still not heard anything

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast