Thread: Citizenship online application | Identity Check

Default Citizenship online application | Identity Check

Hello All,

I am trying to complete the Citizenship application online, but, having trouble completing the Identity check online - getting an "something went wrong" after the system captures the photo through the web cam. And now it says I have one more attempt left.

Have anyone experienced similar issue. What am I doing wrong? - Could it be because my background is not well lit although my face is pretty clear on the photo?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    Hello All,

I am trying to complete the Citizenship application online, but, having trouble completing the Identity check online - getting an "something went wrong" after the system captures the photo through the web cam. And now it says I have one more attempt left.

Have anyone experienced similar issue. What am I doing wrong? - Could it be because my background is not well lit although my face is pretty clear on the photo?

Thanks
    It might be useful for others... There is an option to do identity verification via a mobile device (instead of desktop).. That worked well for me.

Cheers

Thanks theone.

Yeah I had similar troubles, as did my wife. Thankfully we both got it on the final attempt. We had to be incredibly still and against a plain well lit background. I had to hold my laptop in my arms and do it against a white wall. Mobile device sounds a lot easier.