Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PR INZ1175 Form Question

Default PR INZ1175 Form Question

Hi everyone!

My husband is now applying for his permanent residency after residing in New Zealand for 24 months.

He was granted residency through his partnership with me.

Our question now is, on form INZ1175, Section C: Partner's and Children's personal details, Subsection C1 it asks for only people included in the original resident visa application. Should I be listed there? Since on his residence application he was the "principal applicant" and I was simply the "supporting partner". Or should I just be listed in Subsection C5 under immediate family with his parents and siblings?

Thank you!

When I completed my INZ1175, I did not include my Kiwi partner in either C1 or C5, as per my immigration adviser's instructions.

My understanding is:

C1 is not applicable, as you were not included in the original application.

C5 is also not applicable, as you would never have needed to be included in any application (you are either a Kiwi or have residence in your own right).

Once he received his resident visa, his visa status was no longer dependent on the relationship. Basically, to INZ, you are no longer relevant.

Oh! Well that's quite funny

When did you submit yours? I'm just thinking if there were any changes since then

No, nothing has changed on this matter.

The reason for INZ asking about immediate family of an applicant is to make their own lives easier, potentially, in case some time in the future, one of those family-members applies for a NZ visa and says they have a connection already in the country. (That has sometimes been thought to help a person's chances of settling to a new life.) If the name is already on record as connected to a resident, there's no need for an investigation.

Thank you JandM and TheNewKiwi!

Hi there,

Just wanted to clarify a few things on 1175 similar to NZDreaming.

I am applying for Permanent Residency. My Residency Visa was based on my relationship with a Kiwi (who I'm still in a relationship with now). I don't have anyone else included on my application.

In filling out 1175, I've skipped sections C1-4. In section C5 I put down my Kiwi partner, and mom, dad and brother (all Americans). I don't think any of that is relevant, but figured it didn't hurt to put it down?

I've skipped section D.

In section E I ticked yes on box E3 (If you don't meet requirements for a pr visa... permission for... VOC or 2nd resident visa) - although I also don't think that's relevant to me, as I do meet PR requirements.

Skipped section F (Variation of travel conditions)

Skipped section G (Second or subsequent resident visa)

I suppose my question is, for those of us who meet PR based on spending the last two years in the country, does it matter whether we tick yes or no for Box E3 (permission for variation of travel conditions or 2nd resident visa), and if we do tick yes do we need to put anything down for Sections F and G?

Thanks for all your help!

Quote Originally Posted by eraul View Post
    I suppose my question is, for those of us who meet PR based on spending the last two years in the country, does it matter whether we tick yes or no for Box E3 (permission for variation of travel conditions or 2nd resident visa), and if we do tick yes do we need to put anything down for Sections F and G?
    That's really a personal choice for most people, but it could indeed matter for some applicants. Say, for example, an applicant who does not clearly meet the character requirement and may require a character waiver in order to be granted a Permanent Resident Visa: if that character waiver is declined, INZ can then immediately consider the application against variation of travel conditions instructions instead. (Yes, you must be of good character to be granted a Permanent Resident Visa: see RV2.5(e).)

The first page of the INZ 1175 form clearly states that only one of sections D, E, F or G is to be completed, based on what the applicant is primarily applying for.

On that topic, E1 indicates that you have to meet one of the five ‘commitment to New Zealand criteria’.
    Do you tick one even if you meet more than one criteria or do you tick all that apply? The more you tick the more evidence you have to provide and the longer it can take to process.
    Keen to get other people's thoughts on this.

To be eligible for a permanent resident visa, you must have met one of the five ‘commitment to New Zealand criteria’ set out below. Please tick to indicate which you meet:
    • The principal applicant has been in New Zealand for 184 days or more in each of the 12-month portions of the 24 months immediately preceding this application.
    • The principal applicant has obtained tax residence status in New Zealand, and been in New Zealand for at least 41 days or more in each of the 12-month portions of the 24 months immediately preceding this application.
    • The principal applicant has maintained an investment of NZ$1,000,000 in New Zealand for 24 months. The principal applicant has established a business in New Zealand at least 12 months ago.
    • The principal applicant has established a base in New Zealand.

You must provide evidence relevant to the criteria that you meet as detailed in the Guide for Resident or Former Resident Visa Holders (INZ 1176). You are not required to provide evidence of time spent in New Zealand as INZ holds these records.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesonacloud View Post
    Do you tick one even if you meet more than one criteria or do you tick all that apply? The more you tick the more evidence you have to provide and the longer it can take to process.
    Per RV2.5(c), you need only demonstate a commitment in any one of the five possible ways: significant period of time spent in New Zealand (RV2.5.1), tax residence status in New Zealand (RV2.5.5), investment in New Zealand (RV2.5.10), establishment of a business in New Zealand (RV2.5.15), or base established in New Zealand (RV2.5.20).

There would be no adverse effect on ticking multiple options (except perhaps longer processing time), provided that at least one of them is met. In my opinion, it is more likely than not that INZ will, if they see one of the five possible ways is clearly met, not waste their time checking the others: just one being met satisfies RV2.5(c).
    Last edited by Kelerei; 6th January 2023 at 03:53 PM.

Thank you Kelerei.
    Any idea how to interpret C1 and C5 if someone previously applied for residency based on relationship?
    Is your partner part of your "immediate family"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast