Thread: documents require for Permanent Resident Visa

Question documents require for Permanent Resident Visa

Hi guys, what are the documents required to apply for a permanent resident visa.
    Is there anything to submit apart from INZ1175 (Application from a Resident or Former Resident Visa Holder ).
    Any idea on this one will be really appreciated.

Thank you.

Here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa is the INZ fact sheet about applying for permanent residence. Click on the tab Process, then the appropriate tabs on the screen that opens (your nationality and whereabouts, and if you were affected by the Christchurch troubles), and it will show you exactly what you need to submit - which is, indeed, in the first instance, the INZ1175 form. It also mentions that if they require anything else, they will let you know, but it's fairly rare that this happens.

The evidence that needs to be submitted largely depends on how you intend to demonstrate a commitment to New Zealand. It is most common for people to demonstrate a commitment to New Zealand by means of significant period of time spent in New Zealand (RV2.5.1), and for this no extra evidence needs to be submitted as INZ will use their own border movement records as the source of truth. Those who intend to demonstrate a commitment to New Zealand by one of the four other acceptable means (RV2.5.5 to RV 2.5.20) will need to submit evidence to show they meet the relevant instructions.

Also refer to the mandatory requirements for lodging an application for a Permanent Resident Visa (RV1.10.10).

HI Guys thank you for your reply.

I have another question regarding INZ 1175. There is question E2 under section E .

IF YOUR VISA IS SUBJECT TO CONDITIONS, HAVE YOU MET THESE CONDITIONS ????

options are YES NO NOT APPLICABLE

I do not have any section 49 imposed on my visa approval. Will I select NOT APPLICABLE.

ALSO,there is another question in PART A .

HAVE YOU MET ANY CONDITIONS IMPOSED UNDER SECTION 49(1) OF THE IMMIGRATION ACT 2009 ?

OPTIONS ARE YES OR NO

There are no options to click should I leave as it is ??

Any idea on this one will be much appreciated.

Thank you .

We cannot legally tell you how to complete the form. If you need assistance completing the form, you need to contact a licensed immigration advisor or a person exempt from licensing.

I agree that we can't legally TELL you what to do.

But I don't feel restricted from commenting on the meaning of the English in the sentences on the form, which may help...

IF YOUR VISA IS SUBJECT TO CONDITIONS, HAVE YOU MET THESE CONDITIONS?
    That first clause shows that the question is meant for anyone who has conditions on their visa. For anyone else (like you, yourself, you have told us), it does not apply.

HAVE YOU MET ANY CONDITIONS IMPOSED UNDER SECTION 49(1) OF THE IMMIGRATION ACT 2009 ?
    As this is going to be read by everyone, with or without imposed conditions, there probably should logically be a N/A option here as well, but there isn't. However, looking at this whole section, the point of the questions is to get you to declare that you meet each of the requirements for PR. The "conditions" that might have been placed on your Residence is a zero, so those are easy conditions to fulfil, one might say - and have you?

Quote Originally Posted by slowrock12 View Post
    HI Guys thank you for your reply.

I have another question regarding INZ 1175. There is question E2 under section E .

IF YOUR VISA IS SUBJECT TO CONDITIONS, HAVE YOU MET THESE CONDITIONS ????

options are YES NO NOT APPLICABLE

I do not have any section 49 imposed on my visa approval. Will I select NOT APPLICABLE.
    As I had no section 49 conditions, I also selected "not applicable".

Quote Originally Posted by slowrock12 View Post
    ALSO,there is another question in PART A .

OPTIONS ARE YES OR NO

There are no options to click should I leave as it is ??

Any idea on this one will be much appreciated.

Thank you .
    I am not finding this question in Section A of INZ 1175. Are you sure you have the correct and current form?

The only place I see this is in the Optional Checklist on Page 11. That is only for your reference, and not a required part of the application.

Hi @TheNewKiwi thank you so much for sharing your experience you are right. The second part of the question is just the checklist as you mentioned.
    This application seems to straight forward only requires INZ 1175 form, Passport, two photos, and supporting evidence you meet requirements. In my case,

1. You have spent enough time in New Zealand- this requirement doesn't need any evidence apart from the passport.

@JandM and @ Kelerei

Thank you for elaborating on my query.