Thread: CPVV for Resident Partner offshore fetch - URGENT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default CPVV for Resident Partner offshore fetch - URGENT

Hi,

I applied for the CPVV visa on Jan 13 2022 after my wedding on 13 DEC 2021. I had a long distance relationship with my wife for over 4 years, starting in Jan 2017 ( included pictures when we met) then I went back to meet her in July 2019 ( included pictures) then cause of covid our wedding kept getting delayed. Finally I came to Nepal to get married and we got married in 13 Dec 2021 and applied for CPVV.

Today I received an email from my CO saying

". Please refer to E4.10. It appears that you both are still maintaining individual residences in two separate countries.
    Therefore, we are not able to establish whether you both are sharing home together as partners because you were predominantly residing in Nepal and was in New Zealand."

i had uploaded heaps of documents official and non official showing we are living together after our marriage, as in our culture we do not do live in relationship.

So, I am confused here, how can we maintain same residences being in two different country? And what documents shall I add to get a positive outcome.

thanks

When applying for either a partnership-based (work or visitor) visa, or a CPVV partnership-based visa, you have to meet the INZ partnership policy criteria, which includes being able to demonstrate that 1) you are in a genuine and stable relationship and 2) that you have been living together. INZ generally won't grant a partnership-based visa unless you can show at least 2 - 6 months of evidence showing you have lived together.

Based on what you've said, I expect that INZ believes that your relationship is genuine and stable.

Unfortunately, you have only 'lived together' for a month at the time you lodged your application, and as far as INZ is concerned, you aren't really living together, you are just 'visiting' your partner, because you obviously still have a house/job/assets/life here in New Zealand - that is what they mean about 'maintaining individual residences'. Having a relationship that is genuine and stable isn't enough - you have to be able to show that you are living together.

I realise that the INZ policy rules are very frustrating and in some instances stupid, but your application is in a very precarious situation. INZ is likely to determine that you haven't 'lived together' with your partner, and therefore they are likely to decline the application.

If that happens, there are some options that might be available. First, you could remain living in the country with your partner in a shared address, and continue gathering evidence to show that you are indeed living together. Second, you could return to New Zealand and wait for the border restrictions to be lifted, then apply for a General Visitor Visa for your partner. Third, as you only got married in December, you could consider lodging an application for a Culturally Arranged Marriage Visa if you meet the criteria (although most people don't). I know that these options are not ideal, but if the application is declined, you might not have any better ones available.

Thanks for the reply.

I had even uploaded the ownership of my home in Nepal. The house here in Nepal where I live with my wife is under my name so I thought it should prove that we are living together. I even had the official government letter verifying that we are living together.

Ohh well, I guess all i can do is wait here and apply again if it gets declined. However, I will email my CO explaining that I am ready to wait few more weeks regardless my work commitments in NZ.

Thanks again