Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer of visa timeline

Default Transfer of visa timeline

What is the current time-line for transfer of visa on a new passport?
    I submitted application for transfer of my residence on new passport on 22 Dec 2021. I have not heard nothing, except that it was lodged and appeared on my immi online last week. I thought this process takes couple of days. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by desilva View Post
    What is the current time-line for transfer of visa on a new passport?
    I submitted application for transfer of my residence on new passport on 22 Dec 2021. I have not heard nothing, except that it was lodged and appeared on my immi online last week. I thought this process takes couple of days. Thanks.
    Processing times at the moment are up to 50 days - you can check the processing times on the INZ website: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...nd-fees-finder

I submitted mine on 23rd Dec with my original passports & I received my passport last week. I don't know if that means it has been transferred & I don't know how to confirm this .

I have similar situation, dropped my passports in last week of Dec and still waiting to get them back with visa label on new passport.

Quote Originally Posted by DownSouth View Post
    Processing times at the moment are up to 50 days - you can check the processing times on the INZ website: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...nd-fees-finder
    it shows 37 processing days.

Quote Originally Posted by onyiking View Post
    I submitted mine on 23rd Dec with my original passports & I received my passport last week. I don't know if that means it has been transferred & I don't know how to confirm this .
    did you hear anything? I think this may mean that they have just lodged it.

Quote Originally Posted by desilva View Post
    did you hear anything? I think this may mean that they have just lodged it.
    Yea , I rang them & I was told it only means that it has now been lodged .

Just an update.
    My Resident visa has now been transferred to my New passport today but its strange that it says that the start of my visa is February 17 2022 .
    I've already completed 2 years here on a resident visa Does this means I've got another 2 years haha ?

I don't understand
    Submitted 23rd of December
    Transferred 17 of Feb .

That's just the date that the transfer took effect. It won't make any difference to your eligibility for a Permanent Resident Visa or New Zealand citizenship.

I've experienced this myself. Our Resident Visas were initially issued as eVisas, but a few months later, we decided that we'd prefer the stickers in the passports, and went through the transfer process to get that done. The visa start date in the stickers was the date of transfer and not the original start date on the eVisa. This made no difference when the Permanent Resident Visa application went in (based on the start date on the eVisa): was issued without any bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    That's just the date that the transfer took effect. It won't make any difference to your eligibility for a Permanent Resident Visa or New Zealand citizenship.

I've experienced this myself. Our Resident Visas were initially issued as eVisas, but a few months later, we decided that we'd prefer the stickers in the passports, and went through the transfer process to get that done. The visa start date in the stickers was the date of transfer and not the original start date on the eVisa. This made no difference when the Permanent Resident Visa application went in (based on the start date on the eVisa): was issued without any bother.
    Thanks . You are a Legend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast