Thread: Acquiring a Visa as a British citizen

Default Acquiring a Visa as a British citizen

Hi everyone,

I have a stupid question and I was hoping you guys could help me out.
    I have heard from multiple people that is it easier to get certain visas in New Zealand as a British citizen because of the Commonwealth. However, when I look this up I can't find any mention of this. I know everything is upside down now with visas due to covid but, under normal circumstances, would this be true? Is it a myth or is there some fact to it?

Many thanks
    Last edited by zambrotta11; 24th February 2022 at 01:47 PM.

There are no stupid questions on here, short answer, it's a myth.

We're elligible to stay visa free as a visitor for 6 months and also longer working holiday visas (uncapped too) that only a few other countries are elligible for. Also a bit easier for us in terms of documentation as don't have to prove English language ability, get official translations of documents, typically no NSC etc.

Always confused when my (often recent migrants from india or China) friends would be confused that I was in a queue for residency when I was British, not sure why the myth persists so strongly

So it seems like British citizens get more favourable visitor and working holiday visas but they are in the same boat as everyone else regarding residency. Thanks for sharing that with me.

I guess there is some hope that there will be greater freedom of movement if CANZUK is successful...https://www.canzukinternational.com/