Thread: Variation of condition

Default Variation of condition

HI Folks,

I applied for permanent residency and file is with immigration, however INZ webs site says it itakes 5 months to get result.

I have a plan to travel in two months. Could i please apply for VOC as well at the same time, because VOC takes 40 days.

Thanks,

Yes, you can have more than one application in at a time. But... do you actually NEED another visa? If you are applying for PR, it seems to me that probably you have Residence now. Would your two years' travel conditions have expired before you want to come back to NZ?

I'm not aware of any reason why this can't be done, and RV2.25 already provides provision for a person to be automatically considered for a variation of travel conditions where their application for a Permanent Resident Visa is declined (which I know isn't your situation, but does provide reassurance that this is possible).

In your place, I would contact the call centre and make enquiries about this. Just be prepared for a bit of a wait to get through, as the Phase 2 applicants for the 2021 Resident Visa are jamming the lines at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Would your two years' travel conditions have expired before you want to come back to NZ?
    Generally, one is only provided with two years travel conditions on a Resident Visa (with some exceptions for some uncommon categories specified at R5.66.5(a)) and one must hold a Resident Visa continuously for two years as a requirement of a Permanent Resident Visa (RV2.5(a)) -- so it's almost certain that his travel conditions are expired already, and he will therefore need either a Permanent Resident Visa or a variation of travel conditions in order to leave New Zealand and return as a resident.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    Generally, one is only provided with two years travel conditions on a Resident Visa (with some exceptions for some uncommon categories specified at R5.66.5(a)) and one must hold a Resident Visa continuously for two years as a requirement of a Permanent Resident Visa (RV2.5(a)) -- so it's almost certain that his travel conditions are expired already, and he will therefore need either a Permanent Resident Visa or a variation of travel conditions in order to leave New Zealand and return as a resident.
    Hi Kelerie,

Yes you are right, my travel conditions are expired and i applied for PR but waiting time is 5 months. can i apply for variation of condition and send the another file becuse it has waiting tim eof 40 days.

Thanks,

HI JandM,

I am here in NZ but plan to travel in 2 months. Can i apply VOC beacuse i ahve 40 days waiting time as my PR file is already with INZ but waiitng time is 5 months.

Thanks,

Chetan

Quote Originally Posted by chetanm View Post
    can i apply for variation of condition and send the another file becuse it has waiting tim eof 40 days.
    You can... but contacting the call centre, explaining the situation, and asking to be considered for a variation of travel conditions instead (or as well!) may be easier and quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    You can... but contacting the call centre, explaining the situation, and asking to be considered for a variation of travel conditions instead (or as well!) may be easier and quicker.
    Thanks Kelerei..

yesterday i was waiting for 3 hours but no one answered my call ay INZ call centre.

Hello Chetan, any updates on your side ? Did you apply for VOC and were you able to get one? I looked up on INZ website and it says following. Means it’s okay to apply for VOC. I am planning to apply for VOC, but would like to hear your experience.

From INZ website:
    Extending your travel conditions

Apply to extend your travel conditions before you travel in and out of New Zealand if you:

1) plan to stay on a resident visa for more than 2 years
    2) have applied for permanent residence after 2 years on a resident visa but we have not approved your application yet.