Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flat White Count

Default Flat White Count

I think I had a flat white count going when I moved to New Zealand. I can't find it now, but this forum needs some traffic, so I'm starting a new one.

I was trying to make flat white #1 not be a ferry flat white, but I couldn't make it another 3 hours, so here it is.

Oh, can I not post photos? It was in a paper cup and not at all pretty.

Hello again. Have you returned?

Just on holiday...and maybe some house hunting.

On a related note: there used to be a couple of Americans with a brewery in Nelson. Are they still on the forum? I'm headed to Nelson tomorrow.

I remember there was that couple, back in the day, but can't remember what their username was, which would make it easier to find them. I tried doing a search on site:enz.org brewery Nelson, but that only brought up people touring and wanting to visit one. You might have better luck if you can remember something specific they posted, to use as a search term.

The world got very different on the forum once the lockdowns started. There have hardly been any people applying for the old ordinary range of visas, as they have been suspended, so very few of the old guard look in any more, because there isn't anything they can help the newcomers with. It's very pleasant to see a familiar "face".

If memory serves me right it may be Heynekamp ?

https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...168&highlight=

If Dave is right and this your person, s/he was last on the forum in October of 2022.

I believe it's Eddyline Brewery...they have locations in Colorado. It's too far out of town for me, cause I'm on a bike, but I've found their Gorge Juice on tap at the Free House. I'd have a second, but it's an imperial pint and I've got a long day tomorrow.

You have just got me looking up the differences between US Customary and Imperial measures. Interesting history! https://blog.ansi.org/2018/06/why-pi...s-volume/#gref

I read 1984 as a pre-teen. There's a scene where he's in a prol pub and a crazy old man is complaining that you can't get beer in pints anymore and a liter is too big and a half liter is too small. This bothered me for decades. Then I was in a pub with an irish friend who complained that NZ handles (half liters) are too small. 1984 suddenly made sense.

Flat white #2 today. Also in a paper cup. Are real cups no longer a thing, or if you show up in bike clothes do they assume you want a paper cup?

I remember my surprise at NZ "jugs" and "handles" - you don't expect, when you're older middle-aged, about to become a grandparent, to need your son to keep an eye on what you're ordering!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast