Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resident to permanent resident

Lightbulb Resident to permanent resident

Has anyone applied resident to permanent resident in last month? Any updates?
    I applied on 31st May, called immigration and they said that files received on 11 May was lodged on 1st June.

I applied 01/03 and still waiting for a CO.
    Have received my passports back on 28/03 and nothing happened since that.

My application was received 31st May and fees deducted 9/6, looks like long wait for me aswell.
    Last edited by REEZ; 10th June 2022 at 02:00 PM.

Are you able to see status of your application on immigration online https://onlineservices.immigration.govt.nz/?STATUS

"Are you able to see status of your application on immigration online https://onlineservices.immigration.govt.nz/?STATUS" No, you cant check PR status there.

My application was 08-12-2021 and still not approved. CO was assigned on 25-Mar-22 and I was informed recently that INZ is waiting on my National Security Check. 6 months already passed since I submitted my application.

Quote Originally Posted by manutd View Post
    "Are you able to see status of your application on immigration online https://onlineservices.immigration.govt.nz/?STATUS" No, you cant check PR status there.

My application was 08-12-2021 and still not approved. CO was assigned on 25-Mar-22 and I was informed recently that INZ is waiting on my National Security Check. 6 months already passed since I submitted my application.
    I thought read somewhere that after 6 months if no update regarding NSC inz will override it . I can’t remember where I saw that .

"I thought read somewhere that after 6 months if no update regarding NSC inz will override it . I can’t remember where I saw that"

Hi Onyiking,
    I submitted my NSC form on 28-January-22. I presume those 6 months would be from that date and not the date of my application submission. Therefore, I am just crossing my fingers for a decision by end July hopefully.

Have you got any update on your application??

Quote Originally Posted by onyiking View Post
    I thought read somewhere that after 6 months if no update regarding NSC inz will override it . I can’t remember where I saw that .
    I have the impression that I've seen this mentioned on the forum quite recently, but nothing is coming up on any search terms I can think of, and I can't find a mention on the INZ website either. CAN ANYBODY HELP BY GIVING US A LINK, please?

If I'm remembering correctly, if a CO has been waiting for NSC for six months or more, s/he can't just decide to do without it, but has to apply to somebody (the Minister? a Technical Adviser?) for permission.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If I'm remembering correctly, if a CO has been waiting for NSC for six months or more, s/he can't just decide to do without it, but has to apply to somebody (the Minister? a Technical Adviser?) for permission.
    That's how I remember it too, but I can't remember where I saw that either.

Glad it's not just me! Here's hoping that whoever posted about this will remember what thread they were on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast