Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NZ Passport identity referee

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKiwi View Post
    I just applied for my NZ passport over the weekend, using my verified RealMe account. I was all ready with my referee information, and was never asked for it.
    Was your passport then actually issued without further inquiries by the DIA? I got the info from the hotline that when you do it via realme you won't need all that (identity check and referee). But I later saw that the online application requires not only Realme but also an identity check as well as a referee.

Quote Originally Posted by herodias View Post
    I was a referee recently and they sent me an email and asked me to respond to it which asked what was the name of the person in the photo, how I knew them and my passport details.

Before that I have never been asked to provide further details.
    Did they tell you the specific reason what it was for, so either citizenship application or passport application (info about this would help me for my personal situation).

Quote Originally Posted by Eckard View Post
    Was your passport then actually issued without further inquiries by the DIA? I got the info from the hotline that when you do it via realme you won't need all that (identity check and referee). But I later saw that the online application requires not only Realme but also an identity check as well as a referee.
    Yes, it was issued with no further inquiries.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12