Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Presence calculator - not accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by pedditi03 View Post
    My only concern is so many people taking more than a year and If I delay any further I will go in a long queue.
    This should be the absolute last thing on your mind. You apply for citizenship when you meet all criteria, and not before. How long your application takes to be processed is largely dependent on your personal circumstances.

Applying before you meet the presence requirement, even mistakenly so, is guaranteed to result in lengthy and exhaustive manual assessment, as then you must be assessed as to whether or not you have special circumstances such that a reduction in the presence requirement is appropriate in your case. At best, this can take considerable time, and at worst your application will be declined. While the Citizenship Office has been delegated authority to approve such applications where the applicant has made a minor but genuine error in calculating presence, and where the applicant can demonstrate that they clearly have a permanent base in New Zealand, this still requires a detailed manual assessment and can still lead to a declined application if the applicant fails to satisfy the Citizenship Office of these circumstances.

Yes I was on a resident visa off course over the last 4.8 years

Hello all,

If the presence calculator gives this result below, how should it be understood?

Presence calculator

We cannot calculate if you meet the presence requirements for New Zealand citizenship by grant.

Based on 4 years + 240 days, I should eligible in next month. But it doesn't say anything that I'm not eligible just yet. Has anyone had that result as well?

Quote Originally Posted by siberian-girl View Post
    Hello all,

If the presence calculator gives this result below, how should it be understood?

Presence calculator

We cannot calculate if you meet the presence requirements for New Zealand citizenship by grant.

Based on 4 years + 240 days, I should eligible in next month. But it doesn't say anything that I'm not eligible just yet. Has anyone had that result as well?
    Hi, I had this and the message changed to eligible once I was eligible

Quote Originally Posted by Lind88 View Post
    Hi, I had this and the message changed to eligible once I was eligible
    Cool, thanks! Well, fingers crossed 🤞🤓

Cool, thanks! Well, fingers crossed 🤞🤓
    🤞 For me it looked accurate so I am sure yours will show up the same when it's time

Thank you! So this presence calculator is accurate then?

I'm only asking this as I don't want to submit an application earlier than I should and potentially delay my application as a result.

Thank you! So this presence calculator is accurate then?

I'm only asking this as I don't want to submit an application earlier than I should and potentially delay my application as a result.
    I submitted it a couple of days after it turned eligible and we got the citizenship approval 1.5 months later. I can imagine there can be errors on the system, but for us, it looked OK.

That's super cool! Congrats!!! Yeah, I'll check back again later this month and see. May I ask - did you apply for yours online?

Quote Originally Posted by Lind88 View Post
    I submitted it a couple of days after it turned eligible and we got the citizenship approval 1.5 months later. I can imagine there can be errors on the system, but for us, it looked OK.
    That's super cool! Congrats!!! Yeah, I'll check back again later this month and see. May I ask - did you apply for yours online?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast