Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Presence calculator - not accurate?

Default Presence calculator - not accurate?

Hi,

Has anybody had any issues with the presence calculator saying you have not met the presence requirements when clearly you have?

To give you a bit of a background, I have held a PR visa for more than 10 years now. I returned to NZ on 30 Sep 2017 and have not left the country for more than a month in each year since. I should be eligible to apply for citizenship today (3 months and 10 days leading up to my 5th year since I returned. However, the presence calculator is saying I am not eligible as I have not met the presence requirements. I did request for my entry and exit movements from INZ so I can confirm that I can meet the presence requirements.

Has anybody been in the same situation? Really looking forward to hearing from people who are or were in the same boat.

Thanks!

I have. It's always shown me that I've not met my presence even though I have

Quote Originally Posted by Aucklander29 View Post
    Hi,

Has anybody had any issues with the presence calculator saying you have not met the presence requirements when clearly you have?

To give you a bit of a background, I have held a PR visa for more than 10 years now. I returned to NZ on 30 Sep 2017 and have not left the country for more than a month in each year since. I should be eligible to apply for citizenship today (3 months and 10 days leading up to my 5th year since I returned. However, the presence calculator is saying I am not eligible as I have not met the presence requirements. I did request for my entry and exit movements from INZ so I can confirm that I can meet the presence requirements.

Has anybody been in the same situation? Really looking forward to hearing from people who are or were in the same boat.

Thanks!
    I think you should list all the dates you've been out of NZ so the experts on this forum can have a look. It'll be easier for them to explain why you may not be eligible yet.
    We've seen some odd cases that the tool didn't work (one person said it could be because they've changed their legal name). But for me and my partner, the tool was precise like a Swiss watch.

I have the issues with the online presence calculator as well. My Wife and daughter have had the same travel dates (and PR timelines) as myself. But, the online calculator shows my wife and daughter are eligible but I am not. I have had my passport updated few years ago (since we moved to NZ in 2015) and not sure that is the reason for the differences.

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    I have the issues with the online presence calculator as well. My Wife and daughter have had the same travel dates (and PR timelines) as myself. But, the online calculator shows my wife and daughter are eligible but I am not. I have had my passport updated few years ago (since we moved to NZ in 2015) and not sure that is the reason for the differences.

I’m assuming that you transferred your visa to the new passport?

Quote Originally Posted by amities View Post
    I have got my PR on the new passport only. The first travel to NZ was on my old passport. But then, have done my residence and PR on the new passport.

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    I have got my PR on the new passport only. The first travel to NZ was on my old passport. But then, have done my residence and PR on the new passport.
    In that case i would expect it to work correctly. Yeah, not sure then what could be the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by amities View Post
    how can we fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Kamalnadala View Post
    how can we fix it
    https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...a-new-passport

Are there many whose result shows "not eligible / 212/213 etc" and managed to apply and get an approval?
    Is it that we can't depend on the calculator and must do manual calculations instead?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast