Thread: Working Holiday + Student Visa questions! Help pls

Default Working Holiday + Student Visa questions! Help pls

G'day everyone,

I have 2 questions regarding 2 separate visas: Working Holiday Visa and Student Visa that I hope you could help.

1. One of the criteria for Working Holiday is "You must have a tertiary qualification. After you apply online, we’ll ask you to provide a copy of your qualification, which must have involved at least 3 years’ full-time study". My question is that can this person apply when he just finished his year 3 at Uni given that he got 1 more year to go to get a Bachelor or he needs to finish his study first, get the degree then apply?

2. Regarding student visa, the fund can be supported by a relative, the sponsor can complete "a completed 'Financial Undertaking for a Student' form", now my question is can this sponsor from a third country? For example, this student is from India, and his family member (the sponsor) is a US citizen, can this family member sponsor this student's study in NZ?

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by potatoqueen View Post
    1. One of the criteria for Working Holiday is "You must have a tertiary qualification. After you apply online, we’ll ask you to provide a copy of your qualification, which must have involved at least 3 years’ full-time study". My question is that can this person apply when he just finished his year 3 at Uni given that he got 1 more year to go to get a Bachelor or he needs to finish his study first, get the degree then apply?
    Which Working Holiday Visa is this in relation to?

2. Regarding student visa, the fund can be supported by a relative, the sponsor can complete "a completed 'Financial Undertaking for a Student' form", now my question is can this sponsor from a third country? For example, this student is from India, and his family member (the sponsor) is a US citizen, can this family member sponsor this student's study in NZ?
    No. A sponsor that is a natural person must be a New Zealand citizen or residence class visa holder (without Section 49(1) conditions), and must also be ordinarily resident in New Zealand during the period of sponsorship, amongst other requirements. See E6.5.

Philippines Working Holiday

Philippines Working Holiday
    Ah, WI2.122(b)(v) has it: "[must] have a tertiary qualification granted in respect of a minimum of three years' full-time university study".

A person who has completed three years' full-time university study, but has not yet been granted the relevant tertiary qualification with respect to such study, will not meet this immigration instruction.

Thank you Kelerei