Thread: Cheap laptops and brass instruments?

Default Cheap laptops and brass instruments?

Hello everyone
    As a little present to help the kids settle in till the container with there stuff in arrives i,ve promised two of them laptops and one a brass instrument called a baritone(the neighbours will love it!!) Does anyone already resident near Auckland know where i can get these items pretty quickly and preferably cheaply!! when we arrive, first few weeks we will be in Orewa but could end up anywhere after that depending on job i take. So anybody got any info on where to go shopping for the goodies please let me know. When we get the baritone we will promise not to play it on you street. Thanks Paul

Look at Auckland Brass Instruments - (www.abi.co.nz for contact details).

Also www.johnwalkermusic.co.nz in Papakura mentions brass baritones on its website although there's not any more detail other than the fact that they sell them.

There's a fairly good tradition of brass music in NZ, so hopefully the recipient of the baritone will be able to find outlets for his/her talents when you arrive.

And do play it on the street, on the beach, at the bach and anywhere else you fancy - the mellow sound makes it one of the most lovely brass instruments that there is (and yet most people don't even know that it exists).

Good luck from one baritone player to another!

Thanks for that George my daughter was hoping she would be able to continue playing there and find another band ,shes cheered up no end after reading your message. She has just done a solo performance at the local jazz centre and loved it. Cheers Paul

This might also be of some help - Brass Band Association of NZ.

http://www.brassnz.co.nz/

Moorf

Thanks Moorf my littlr girl is delighted now with all the info she has been sent . she really does love her music . Her twin sister does too but she is clarinet player , a bit easier to sort out. Son is a drummer New neighbours will love us .
    Cheers paul

Paul

Don't worry about the neighbours, get the kids out on the streets busking.

Seriously, in wellington regularly on Saturdays when we are in town, there are children playing on the green area's outside cafes and on the pavement.

One whole family of 6 kids and their mum play the most beautiful Vivaldi and classical music opposite the Malthouse, they have a range of instrument including a harp and the sign says they are saving for new instruments. Even the 4 year old plays something. The shopkeeper doesn't mind at all.

There are also two brothers that play the bagpipes and drum, which brought a lump to my throat at christmas but they are only 6 and 8, dressed in full kilts, bearskins etc.

Another small boy, he looks about 7, plays the violin with such soul, he is amazing.

I haven't a clue if busking is illegal here, but they don't seem to get moved on. For me, it would scare me putting my kids on the street but I'm still in UK mode. The kids I've seen here enjoy it, they get to practise and crowds gather applaude and chuck money at the hat. I haven't a clue if their parents are watching from the nearest cafe, but I've never seen any except for the large family whose Mum plays with them.

Just my thoughts from here.

Deborah

Perhaps I should dust off my flute and get out in the Mall - I'm sure someone would pay me.... to stop.

Hey what about a duet?

We could clear the streets if I danced round the lamp poles with you accompanying me on the flute.

I'm sure property prices would drop too.

D x

Thanks Smiler makes NZ sound great. I think i,ll get them all busking and do my Homer Simpson dance routine too (people will pay me to stop) I,m a real groovy dancer. As long as they dont deport me. Cheers Paul