Thread: Partnership Resident visa

Default Partnership Resident visa

Hi Guys, my wife applied partnerships work visa in October 2021 . She submitted both chest xray and gernal medical in NZ. We are applying her residency now. Do we need to submit her medical again? Or should we enter the old referral number ?

Thanks

A4.20(d) applies here. You may use your previous Medical Certificate and Chest X-ray Certificate, if all of the below applies to your situation:

1. your previous Medical Certificate and Chest X-ray Certificate was submitted with an earlier visa application; and
    2. in that earlier visa application, you were assessed as having an acceptable standard of health based on those certificates; and
    3. those previous certificates were issued less than 36 months prior to your current application.

Note also, the circumstances listed in A4.20(e) where you will have to provide updated medical certificates despite A4.20(d).

According to this she dont have to redo her medical. Never went out to NZ since her last medical. And had no changes in health.

Should we put the old referral code in the application which were give 10 months ago ?

Yes, use the same eMedical number.

Thanks. another question can i apply her visa from my real me account ? If yes do i need to fill that declaration form ? That I’m acting on her behalf ? Or only immigration advisor can fill and apply visa for someone?

Your realme account is for yourself only. https://www.realme.govt.nz/terms-use/realme-terms-use/

And you're right - ordinary persons can't legally act on behalf of someone else to INZ. See the two Sticky threads near the top of this forum https://www.enz.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6 about the law regarding immigration advice.

Yes completely agree, she is having trouble getting her immigration account activated. No one is there to help. Waited 3 hours today calling immigration to fix this issue and activate her account. No one picked up the phone.

I’m sure LAW wont stop her using my immigration account and applying her own visa.

If she is not allowed to do that legally.

That means INZ saying you can’t share your immigration account but you must have a joint bank account to prove that you are a genuine couple.

What sort of LAW is this ??

Sympathies. Many people here have had the same experience. I know that won't make you feel any better, but at least you know you're not alone.

INZ is doing this on purpose.

They have stopped their verification service from the day they announced the double fees from 31 of july.

They verification service will work fine from 31 of july. Because all the fees will be doubled.

Allready writing a complaint to ombudsman !!!

Quote Originally Posted by smcvisa93 View Post
    Thanks. another question can i apply her visa from my real me account ? If yes do i need to fill that declaration form ? That I’m acting on her behalf ? Or only immigration advisor can fill and apply visa for someone?
    Actually, this should well be possible in an informal or family context, as is clearly the case here.

I don't know what the online forms look like, so I'm primarily referring to the paper forms here. In the case of either a paper or online application, you would need to submit the INZ 1178 form (Partnership Support Form for Residence), which apparently is required for the online form as well. Then, in the actual application itself, you would need to fill in the "Declaration by person assisting the applicant" (Section R on the INZ 1000 form, or whatever the online equivalent is). If you provided your partner with immigration advice and/or will act on her behalf during the processing of the application, you must declare this to INZ in the "Immigration adviser's details" section (Section Q on the INZ 1000 form, or again whatever the online equivalent is). Providing immigration advice in a family context, where said immigration advise is not provided systematically or for a fee, is perfectly legal and is a defined situation where one is exempt from licensing.

Your partner would also need to expressly give permission for you to submit the online form on her behalf, and to do this she must complete and sign the INZ 1242 form. You will need to upload this form on the online application.

The Residence Guide (INZ 1002) may well contain further information for you to refer to.

Good luck!