Thread: Partner of NZer Work Visa Processing Time

Question Partner of NZer Work Visa Processing Time

Hi there,

My wife and I recently applied for a Partner of NZer Work Visa online from the USA where we currently reside. The webpage below provides expected procesing times however there is mention of "Partner of a NZer" under both the Work Visa section and an additional section at the bottom (RE Special Direction from May 2022). The dates shown in these two sections differ greatly and dates under the Work Visa section have been regularly updated and shortened over the last few weeks so it seems contradictory.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...sa-application

Am I misinterpreting the Special Direction section? Or do the dates under Work Visa automatically update and are therefore not accurate to the current situation?

I appreciate any help and advice anyone may be able to provide. Thanks

I've applied for a Partner of a New Zealander Residence Visa and I check this page from time to time. That table at the bottom of the page normally has the title "Residence Visas", but this title seems to have gone missing in the last few days, I think some update to the site has messed it up.

Anyway, that last section is for Residence visas, if you're applying for a Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa then you should look at the Work Visas section (the one with shorter waiting times)

It normally looks like this
    visa.jpg
    Last edited by MattH1; 26th July 2022 at 02:55 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MattH1 View Post
    I've applied for a Partner of a New Zealander Residence Visa and I check this page from time to time. That table at the bottom of the page normally has the title "Residence Visas", but this title seems to have gone missing in the last few days, I think some update to the site has messed it up.

Anyway, that last section is for Residence visas, if you're applying for a Partner of a New Zealander Work Visa then you should look at the Work Visas section (the one with shorter waiting times)

It normally looks like this
    visa.jpg
    Thanks Matt, appreciate it.

No worries, and good luck with the application!

I am in a similar situation, although applying from Australia.

I submitted my partner visa for PR and at the same time, I submitted a partner work visa.
    The work visa was approved without a couple of days.

If you are concerned about processing times or are planning a move, it's a good alternative to waiting around.