Thread: Partnership visa vs culturally arrange visa

Default Partnership visa vs culturally arrange visa

Hi,
    I need some enquiries about partnership visitor visa or culturally arrange marriage visa. I am getting married in Oct. It's a arrange marriage just wondering which visa I should apply for?. What's the success rate of culturally marriage visa?. Also if somebody bought there partner recently please guide me thru and if you hired any lawyer or advisor do recommend me too please.
    One for more thing processing time as well how long it took for your partnership visa?.
    Thanks

In which country is the marriage to take place?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    In which country is the marriage to take place?
    India

If you can provide all the required evidence for the culturally arranged marriage visa (see here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...=residence-IND), this is a good route for your new spouse to follow - you are then applying in a much smaller category, with more clearly defined requirements, than the partner-sponsored visitor visa. The partner-sponsored visitor visa requires evidence of a couple living together in a shared home over a connected period of time, which if one party who normally lives in NZ is travelling to India for the wedding is not likely to be possible to provide, whereas the culturally arranged marriage visa allows the newly married person to come to NZ to fulfil the living-together criterion, and then apply for the next visa from within the country.

I suggest you look at the INZ factsheets for both the visas, to understand the requirements, then you'll be in a better position to decide what best fits your circumstances.