Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GVV- Visitor visa

Quote Originally Posted by lockheed311 View Post
    Hi elsa25, I received my passport back from VFS, but my status in the application website stays the same (waiting on you to provide travel document). I think they just need some time to update it. Let's post updates here when they come.
    Yep same as mine - will update when that changes

Hi, Good Evening All

If Some one can help me regarding this below situation please.

I am New Zealand Citizen, I am Applying for my Parents General Visitor Visa, I have created online profile and started application on behalf of them, my parents have signed declaration form 1224 so I can act on behalf of them to apply visa.

While filling up online form, I got alert message stating I have to upload Pcc, do I have to really upload Pcc as i have read in Visitor visa guide that I don't have to provide Pcc, if i am applying for 6 months visitor visa.

if some one can help me on this pls.

Could you please give a link so we can see exactly the wording in the guide?

However, INZ COs are entitled to ask for police checks even if the explanations don't seem to say it will have to be done. See here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/#45181.htm at A5.5 a iii
    Character checks must be carried out for... other applicants for temporary entry class visas who warrant a character check if the immigration officer decides it is necessary.
    In your place, I think I would look into what you'll have to do to be ready to get the necessary documents, but in the meantime, point out to the CO that they only want a six-month visa, and ask if s/he can do without them.

Hi JandM thank you for your reply,

I have Copied the Alert message below, could you pls guide me on this.

#ALERT:
    You may have been prompted on earlier pages to upload police certificates from countries that you are a citizen of or have lived in for more than 5 years. Please refer to the Identity details or Character pages to upload these documents.

My parents They never been out of country, this is their first trip to Nz
    Last edited by rich12; 12th August 2022 at 11:55 AM.

As JandM indicated, COs have the discretion to ask for police checks if they feel it necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by rich12 View Post
    My parents They never been out of country, this is their first trip to Nz
    So then they potentially only need to submit one for their home country, if your CO confirms it is required. Whether they have travelled or not, they still need to show proof they have met the character requirements in any country where they have citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by rich12 View Post
    #ALERT:
    You may have been prompted on earlier pages to upload police certificates from countries that you are a citizen of or have lived in for more than 5 years. Please refer to the Identity details or Character pages to upload these documents.
    And, looking back through the form, DID it actually give the prompt mentioned? - as, reading this, the wording seems as though it could be just a general reminder to anyone nearing the end of the form, to check that they've completed it fully.

All that aside, as you're at the stage when you haven't yet submitted, so no CO has responsibility for their case and you're dealing with a computer-generated set of instructions, I think it may be quicker in the long run to get the police certificates than to try to argue that you don't need them. If the computer programming is set in such a way as to have asked for them, there is no way to get past that.

Default Any updates that you have received?

Any updates that you have received?

Quote Originally Posted by lockheed311 View Post
    Hi elsa25, I received my passport back from VFS, but my status in the application website stays the same (waiting on you to provide travel document). I think they just need some time to update it. Let's post updates here when they come.

Any updates that you have received?

Hi there, no updates yet. Still showing 'waiting on you to provide travel document'. Are you on the same boat?

Yes same thing so how long has it been showing “waiting on you to provide travel document’?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast