Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: GVV- Visitor visa

It's been about a week so far. Hopefully there's more progress on it next week How about yours?

I won’t say much about how I feel about INZ as a whole otherwise I will get banned lol 😂

I'm sure you're not alone in that, but it is what it is...

Sorry JandM with utmost respect I disagree to accept it is what is comment… I am a New Zealander at least my passport says it! But my parents cannot come and visit me.

I refuse to accept the obvious turn the tap off as “it is what it is”!

All I meant was that ALL people applying for visas have to face INZ's regulations and fit in with their procedures before they can succeed.

It may help to judge my sincerity if I state that if it hadn't been for a change in INZ regulations, I would be living in New Zealand near my family now. But that can't ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewKiwi View Post
    As JandM indicated, COs have the discretion to ask for police checks if they feel it necessary.

So then they potentially only need to submit one for their home country, if your CO confirms it is required. Whether they have travelled or not, they still need to show proof they have met the character requirements in any country where they have citizenship.
    Thank you for your Comments, I will keep in mind about this.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    And, looking back through the form, DID it actually give the prompt mentioned? - as, reading this, the wording seems as though it could be just a general reminder to anyone nearing the end of the form, to check that they've completed it fully.

All that aside, as you're at the stage when you haven't yet submitted, so no CO has responsibility for their case and you're dealing with a computer-generated set of instructions, I think it may be quicker in the long run to get the police certificates than to try to argue that you don't need them. If the computer programming is set in such a way as to have asked for them, there is no way to get past that.

Thank you JandM for your comments, what we have planned at this stage is we made a cover letter and in that i have have already mentioned about visa duration which is 6 months and other things, but if visa officer still need it than will proceed further, also i have informed my parents just to keep forms ready for Pcc, if hey ask will apply straight away.
    Once again thanks for your comments.

elsa25 and raoul75 - I have not had any updates so far - my visitor visa application status is still 'Waiting on you to provide travel document' - which is weird since it's been 1+ week since I got my passport back. I was assuming that overseas visitor visa application would be be significantly faster than the onshore ones as mentioned here. However, seems that's not the case. Do you have any updates on your end?

Quote Originally Posted by lockheed311 View Post
    elsa25 and raoul75 - I have not had any updates so far - my visitor visa application status is still 'Waiting on you to provide travel document' - which is weird since it's been 1+ week since I got my passport back. I was assuming that overseas visitor visa application would be be significantly faster than the onshore ones as mentioned here. However, seems that's not the case. Do you have any updates on your end?
    Nope the same. Feels like it wouldnt be updated - unless they start assessing it.

Hi all, my father's visitor Visa application was submitted on 11 August, passport requested on 14 August. We'll be sending the passport to the VAC tomorrow, and will update as and when there's any movement.

I noticed that inz have now updated visa processing timeframe: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...sa-application

Since 5 days doesn't seem to be happening for any of us here, maybe we hope for 20 days?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast