Thread: Resident visa expiring

Default Resident visa expiring

I am Jatin holding a Resident visa, and my VOC is going to expire on 11 Sep 2022. Currently i am oversea and coming back to NZ November 2022. Due to covid 19 I was not able to travel with my new born baby.

My Resident visa approved in April 2018 and then I left NZ in Nov 2018. I came back to NZ in March 2020 but then covid 19 just started and I decided to go back home to join my new born daughter in July 2020.

I applied VOC in 2020 and got approved for 1 year till June 2021. InZ gave extension for 1 year with out applying visa as a Covid response till 11 sep 2022.

Please advise me what will be the option to save the Resident visa. Please guide me thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Jatin

Given that you have not been in New Zealand for over 2 years now, you are unlikely to meet the criteria for a further variation of travel conditions (see RV3) or a second or subsequent Resident Visa (RV4). (Read the immigration instructions that I have linked, they will give you more information on this -- and also, read the INZ 1176 guide.)

There are two scenarios that may save you: if you are the partner of a New Zealand citizen (RV3.20.5 / RV4.20.1) or if you are seconded overseas as part of your New Zealand employment (RV3.20.10 / RV4.20.5).

If neither of those two scenarios apply to you, you have only one option: return to New Zealand before your travel conditions expire. Otherwise, you will need to apply for a new Resident Visa.