Thread: Transfer Visa to a New Passport (Evisa)

Default Transfer Visa to a New Passport (Evisa)

Hi Guys,
    me & my wife just extended our non new zealand passport and already submitted to transfer our resident visa to new passport (1 August) We put our application on a courier box and send it to

Immigration New Zealand
    PO Box 76895
    Manukau 2241
    Auckland

The tracking status from NZ post (2 August ) said that :
    Your parcel has been delivered by your local courier driver based at Box Lobby Scanners

As of today I called Immigration New Zealand and said they havent even received the application yet , is it normal for the application to get lost ?
    My wife is overseas now and will be back into NZ on 1 September, has anyone got a same experience with this situation?

Thank you in advance

Applications arrive in INZ's mail room, then have to get opened by a clerk and the information lodged into the INZ computer. This works by date order queue, and at times a backlog can build up - I've seen it be three weeks. And I don't expect there would be any trace of your application that the telephone answerers could see until it has been lodged. I don't KNOW this is the explanation, but it may be. Has anyone got any recent experience to share?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Applications arrive in INZ's mail room, then have to get opened by a clerk and the information lodged into the INZ computer. This works by date order queue, and at times a backlog can build up - I've seen it be three weeks. And I don't expect there would be any trace of your application that the telephone answerers could see until it has been lodged. I don't KNOW this is the explanation, but it may be. Has anyone got any recent experience to share?
    Thanks for your reply, Yes I called Immigration NZ and she said She will escalate our application. she asked the description of the package and the tracking number.
    Called NZ Post as well and they said it's 100% delivered to the right PO Box and advised me to check back with immigration.

Fingercrossed the she's right and wont lose the item

Hi JandM,
    Just an additional question, Do you have any information regarding if we can come back to new zealand with the renewed passport but the permanent resident visa is still on the old passport?
    (worst case scenario if the visa transfer didnt finish on time)

No, that's not allowed - regulations changed on that point many years ago. Sorry for the bad news. The airline could be severely fined for allowing anyone to board with visa and passport not matching up, and even if they slipped up and let her on (which isn't likely), Immigration at the airport of arrival would be supposed to send her back, which has happened to a forum member here, although in ordinary logical terms it seems OTT bureaucracy.

For my application to transfer eVisa to new passport, tracking from NZ Post said that the parcel was delivered on 16th Aug however I have not received confirmation by now. Average processing times still advise that 90% of applications completed within 14 days.

I tried to call INZ but after about 1 minute only got the auto-answer that "due to high volume of calls we are unable to assist this time" then the call was automatically turned off. Also emailed INZ few days ago but have not received reply yet.

Any recommendation that I can get connected to INZ? I will fly out of New Zealand soon and will be back in October. Wonder if I am still allowed to leave New Zealand, with the hope that by Oct the application would have been approved?

Appreciate your sharing, thank you!

Sakitran