Thread: Parent/Grandparents Visitor Visa

Question Parent/Grandparents Visitor Visa

Hi everybody,
    I am preparing to file for a visitor visa for my mother and brother, I am on a resident visa, and my partner is a New Zealand citizen, and I have a few questions.

1. Should I apply for a parent visitor visa for my mother and a general guest visa for my brother?
    2.Do they need to apply for x-rays and full medicals because they never came to New Zealand? My family does not live near any of the panel physicians who supported my INZ in India, so they have to travel to a different city. On INZ, it says that if you are not planning to stay for 6 months or more, you do not need to support for x-rays. Can this be applied to my case if my family is not planning to stay for 6 months?
    3. Can I apply for full medicals while they are in New Zealand instead?
    4. Is there any other way to expedite the visa because we are expecting a kid at the end of the year and want my family to help us?

please assist me

Quote Originally Posted by bird116 View Post
    1. Should I apply for a parent visitor visa for my mother and a general guest visa for my brother?
    This forum cannot tell you what you should or should not do. If you want this level of advice, you should get in touch with a Licensed Immigration Advisor.

2.Do they need to apply for x-rays and full medicals because they never came to New Zealand? My family does not live near any of the panel physicians who supported my INZ in India, so they have to travel to a different city. On INZ, it says that if you are not planning to stay for 6 months or more, you do not need to support for x-rays. Can this be applied to my case if my family is not planning to stay for 6 months?
    In the case of a temporary entry class visa, a Medical Certificate and Chest X-ray Certificate is generally only required from applicants intending a stay in New Zealand of more than 12 months. In the case of a person offshore, this is generally someone applying for a visa who indicates that their intention is to remain in New Zealand for longer than 12 months. See A4.25.

Note that the Parent and Grandparent Visitor Visa requires a Medical Certificate and Chest X-ray Certificate to be submitted as evidence; see V3.110(b)(iii). Owing to the currency of such a visa (3-year multiple entry visitor visa, with no individual stay greater than 6 months and the maximum total stay no greater than 18 months), INZ considers all applicants for this visa as intending to remain in New Zealand for more than 12 months.

3. Can I apply for full medicals while they are in New Zealand instead?
    Obviously, no. If a person is offshore and requires a Medical Certificate and/or a Chest X-ray certificate, that person is obviously not going to be able to legally enter New Zealand and obtain the requisite certificates there, because the health requirements for obtaining a visa would not be met and a visa to enter New Zealand would therefore not be granted. If a person requires a Medical Certificate and/or a Chest X-ray certificate, and needs to travel to a different city or country to obtain them, the onus is on that person to make such travel arrangements.

(There is one exception documented at A4.75, and that is for people that need to travel to New Zealand for the purpose of medical treatment or consultation itself, for which the relevant instructions may be found at V3.40.)

4. Is there any other way to expedite the visa because we are expecting a kid at the end of the year and want my family to help us?
    Generally, no. INZ will generally process applications of the same type in lodgement date order; however, INZ may urgently process any application out of date order when the circumstances of that particular application warrant that.

See A16.1 for the general instructions as to the order of processing visa applications.

There is a documented Employment Visa Escalations process, but this is only intended for those applying for an employer-specific visa application.
    Last edited by Kelerei; 21st August 2022 at 11:48 PM.

hi thanks for the info