Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Singapore Airlines or Air New Zealand!!??

Default Singapore Airlines or Air New Zealand!!??

Hi Guys,
    We are looking at travelling to NZ for a 2 week reccy end of May/June,and looking at air fares.
    Singapore and Air New Zealand are similar price,but can anyone shed some light as to the best one?
    I believe Air New Zealand you get a bigger seat pitch,but have heard that Singapore Airlines are very good.
    We would just be going straight there and back to Auckland,no stop overs not enough time!
    Many thanks in advance

Singapore Airlines for us, every time. Excellent service, excellent in-flight entertainment.

Thanks Moorf.
    The reason we looked at Air New Zealand was just for a bit more room on the flight!!

Hi Jameelka,

We have used both airlines, both were excellent. We did however prefer Singapore Airlines. If you have the 12 hour stop over in Singapore you can sleep in the airport hotel, freshen up, have a short tour of the city then a meal and swim (on the airport roof!). My son enjoyed NZ Airlines because their aeroplanes are painted up with LOTR and Frodo took us there! We have booked again with Singapore to go out August (one way this time!)

Yep, you get an extra 2 inches on Air New Zealand! You can compare seat pitches (amongst other things) here:

http://www.airlinequality.com/Product/seat_intro.htm

However, we always try and get the "2-up" seats at the rear of the plane (on Singapore Air) as the one by the window has heaps of room between it and the window and (if travelling as a couple) you don't have to share your space with another person!

It's really nice to be able to get such good feedback on this forum,no wonder I spend hrs on it!!
    Many thanks again Moorf and the Scott Family.

My family went over to the UK and back recently on Singapore Airlines and loved it. (Unfortunately I had to fly out later and back earlier on an airmiles ticket with Qantas so can't give a personal view).

They liked the transfer in Singapore because of the option of the easy transit hotel on site - our daughter is going back to the UK for a couple of weeks in July and my wife is happy to let her loose on Changi airport on her own because it's all so easy (she's be 16 at the time). We certainly wouldn't be happy at all with her transitting LAX.

The entertainment option in economy class is, I believe, far superior on SQ than on NZ, even where NZ has been upgraded.

And with Air NZ you have to go through the hassle of transitting LAX which would be sufficient reason to us for avoiding them like the plague. The journey has enough hassles without this kind of thing.

Thanks for that GeorgeM.
    Do you all think it's worth stopping in Singapore for 10 hrs or so,rather than hopping on the next flight out 2 hrs later?
    We have n't really time to do a proper over nighter there as we'd like to get to NZ as soon as we can,due to limited time.

George, what is the problem with LAX?? Hear so much bad press about it, but not what it actually is....

Hi Jameelka
    I did the singapore airlines flight with the 2 hour stopover from LHR when i went on my reccy . i was so pleased with it we have booked same one to fly back . They cant do enough for you during the flight . Cheers Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast