Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Parents Visitor Visa

Quote Originally Posted by param912003 View Post
    Thanks very much for the explanation.

I applied on 12 August 2022, passport asked to be sent to VAC on 14 August 2022. No reply until 30 August 2022, then got the passport back on 31 August 2022. Visa received on 13 September 2022

Did you have to submit medicals for them ? Thanks for the timeline

No medicals.

Was it a general visitor visa ? Or a parent /grandparent visitor visa?

Hi ltj,

Please see their timeline:

14-Aug: Submitted PGVV applications online
    17-Aug: Received notice from INZ requesting my parent to visit a VAC to submit passport
    8-Sep: Parents' appointment in VFS
    9-Sep: Status changed "Gathering Information"
    16-Sep: Status changed to "Under Assessment"
    19-Sep: Visa approved

Thanks for your sharing your friend's experience. I feel like a day-trip abroad satisfies the visa conditions (as they will be passing through passport control and exiting NZ) - I'm just a little concerned if they will encounter any technicalities given that there will be no gap between their 2 visits (i.e., making it appear that they stayed in NZ continuously for 8 months instead of two 4-month visits).

Hi there, is this what the travel conditions state:

Travel conditions
    The start date of your visa is: 13-September-2022 You must arrive in New Zealand before: 12-September-2025
    Your visa has Multiple entry conditions

Visa conditions
    The holder shall not undertake employment in NZ. The holder shall not study for more than 3 months in every 12 month period in NZ.
    Stay subject to grant of entry permission.
    This visa expires 6 month(s) after each arrival.You must leave before visa expiry or face deportation."

I am confused if this means my father can enter once for 6 months or multiple times as long as each visit is no more than 6 months?
    Hi param912003 - I believe our parents were granted the same visa as they have the same conditions ltj is correct - it is a multiple-entry visa but their total number of days spent in NZ cannot exceed 6 months per visit/entry. This is because we did not provide the medicals, which are required for visits longer that 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by MBB View Post
    Hi param912003 - I believe our parents were granted the same visa as they have the same conditions ltj is correct - it is a multiple-entry visa but their total number of days spent in NZ cannot exceed 6 months per visit/entry. This is because we did not provide the medicals, which are required for visits longer that 6 months.
    Thanks so much MBB. As I understand there's no condition around how much time they need to spend out of NZ after each visit either. Is that correct? So technically if my father spends 5 months in NZ, then comes back after another 2 months to live with us for another 5 months, then that should be okay?

Thanks so much MBB. As I understand there's no condition around how much time they need to spend out of NZ after each visit either. Is that correct? So technically if my father spends 5 months in NZ, then comes back after another 2 months to live with us for another 5 months, then that should be okay?
    Hi param912003 - yes that is right. And they can keep on coming back and stay in NZ for a max of 6 months multiple times until the visa expires in 2025. Although, their visa only allows them to stay in NZ for a maximum 18 months in total. So if they have completed three 6-month visits by the second year, the visa automatically expires.

Hi there, I am applying for Parent visitor visa for my parents, whether anyone know which supporting documents I should provide for this "Your household registration"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelerei View Post
    It's possible, but your father needs to explicity authorise you to do this. In the case of a Visitor Visa, this is via the INZ 1224 form: he would need to fill this out and provide you with a scanned copy, which you would then need to attach to the online application.

Of course, the option still exists for your father to submit a paper application, should he so prefer.
    HI Kelerei,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have got the signed INZ 1224.
    Can I use my own realme account to apply for my father's visa? or I shall create a new account for my father and apply from that one?

It's been 78 days and my PGVV is still under assessment ..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast