Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Parents Visitor Visa

If your medical has been referred to be looked at by a Medical Assessor (MA), it will have gone into a date order queue upon arrival in their office, to wait its turn to be seen.

Medicals are first scanned by computer, and it's if there's anything marked as outside the normal that it has to be looked at by a human. The MAs are a separate department - it's their job to understand an applicant's state of health, to try to be sure that they won't cost the NZ health service too much for treatment or medication.

When I called them last time they told me it will stay on "waiting you to provide medical" even though they have recieved the medical and it will only just change ito "under assessment" once Medical assessor is satisfied with the medical and by then only the application be allocated to a Case officer. It will still be a long process... I made a cover letter to request if they can assess the application before February 2023. Hopefully they consider my request.

My sister applied for general visit visa and after 2 weeks it got approved. If only I knew parent visit visa will take this long I should have applied for general visit visa for my parents instead.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If your medical has been referred to be looked at by a Medical Assessor (MA), it will have gone into a date order queue upon arrival in their office, to wait its turn to be seen.

Medicals are first scanned by computer, and it's if there's anything marked as outside the normal that it has to be looked at by a human. The MAs are a separate department - it's their job to understand an applicant's state of health, to try to be sure that they won't cost the NZ health service too much for treatment or medication.
    Thanks for explaning the process JandM. Looks like the 65 days of having the application on 90% complete is not applicable anymore specially this time of the year... I have waited for 3 hrs in line just to talk to INZ and as what the representative is saying, there is nothing else to do but wait.. wait... wait... cross fingers that there will be good news before they close on 23rd December 🙏
    Last edited by fae04; 13th December 2022 at 02:38 PM.

Hi All, Received my Father's PGVV today. Took less than 1.5 months.

12 Nov: Submitted PGVV applications online
    13 Nov: Status changed to gathering information
    13 Nov: Received a letter from INZ telling us that they won't need us to send the passport to VAC
    17 Nov: Received another letter asking for Medicals
    21 Nov: Medical done and reference letter uploaded
    26 Nov: Status changed to Under Assessment
    21 Dec: Visa Approved

Quote Originally Posted by ughratdar View Post
    Hi Fae,

In similar situation like you. Applied on 10 Oct but online status still on " waiting you to provide medicals". Called trice in last month inz said still waiting case office to look into it. Not sure why its still stuck on waiting medical as medical was done long time ago and INZ confirmed they have received medical when called.
    Hello, any updates to your parent's visa? was it already approved?, mine's still waiting. its now " under assessment" hopefully by January it will be approved!

Quote Originally Posted by fae04 View Post
    Hello, any updates to your parent's visa? was it already approved?, mine's still waiting. its now " under assessment" hopefully by January it will be approved!
    hello, nah still waiting but status has changed to under assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by ughratdar View Post
    hello, nah still waiting but status has changed to under assessment.
    Same. Cross fingers the Visa will be approved by the end of this week. My parents supposed to come by Feb 1st. I am getting worried now.

When does your parent plan to come?

Hi does anybody here have the same situation? My parents Visitor Visa has been approved.Jan 18. They sent an email and the online INZ account status changed into "Approved". But the problem was that the eVisa was not uploaded and can't be viewed into the online account. When I called the INZ they said it will take 2days to be uploaded in the system. It has been a week already. So I called INZ again, they told me that the Visa application is in the Escalation team and only been accepted to be escalated on Jan 23rd (a week passed since I got an email "Approved Visa") Does that mean the Visa is not yet really approved? How is it possible that Email and online showed "Approved" whilst they are still really under assessment? Very worried. Different people telling me different things.

Congrats Fae, hopefully you will get visa soon. Mine is still pending under assessment.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast