Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Parents Visitor Visa

Thousands of family visitor visa applications went untouched for months
    rnz.co.nz/news/n...

Do you know why they suddenly found them? Because I called them on Nov2 to check why my application stayed "under assessment" for three months. They didn't want to tell me anything, and I told them if you don't want to share it's fine, BUT Please make sure there is actually someone assigned to my case, make sure my case was not FORGOTTEN in some corner! And there was silence ...
    now today they told me my Parent/Grandparent visitor visa application was transferred to a general visitor visa, GREAT!

Hi Everyone,

I applied for a Parents Visitor Visa yesterday. The application status shows "Waiting on you to provide travel document"
    Does that mean we have to book tickets to get a visa?

Screenshot 2022-11-13 072538.jpg

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NZ029 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I applied for a Parents Visitor Visa yesterday. The application status shows "Waiting on you to provide travel document"
    Does that mean we have to book tickets to get a visa?

Screenshot 2022-11-13 072538.jpg

Thanks
    A "travel document" is defined in A2, and is usually either a passport or a certificate of identity (in the case of people unable to obtain passports, e.g. refugees).

Thanks a lot, Kelerei.
    But I have already uploaded a scanned copy of the passport. Any idea why they are asking for it again?
    I have also received a letter saying they don't require the passports to be sent to Visa Application Centre (VAC). Here is a snippet:
    Screenshot 2022-11-13 143202.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by grayshen View Post
    Thousands of family visitor visa applications went untouched for months
    rnz.co.nz/news/n...

Do you know why they suddenly found them? Because I called them on Nov2 to check why my application stayed "under assessment" for three months. They didn't want to tell me anything, and I told them if you don't want to share it's fine, BUT Please make sure there is actually someone assigned to my case, make sure my case was not FORGOTTEN in some corner! And there was silence ...
    now today they told me my Parent/Grandparent visitor visa application was transferred to a general visitor visa, GREAT!
    My GVV transferred to General visitor visa as well., applied mid of August. Does it mean that we will not get 6 months of visa?

Quote Originally Posted by Bala6666 View Post
    My GVV transferred to General visitor visa as well., applied mid of August. Does it mean that we will not get 6 months of visa?
    This is intentional from the part of INZ, due to the Parent and Grandparent Visitor Visas not being processed due to an issue with the Immigration Online platform. Such applications received between 1 August and 21 September will now be processed as General Visitor Visas to enable INZ to process these applications faster, and successful applications will be granted similar travel conditions to the Parent and Grantparent Visitor Visa.

Read INZ's announcement here.

submitted General Visitor Visa application for my parents on 6 Sep. Submitted the passport for verification on 20th Sep, status changed to "Under Assessment" around end of September. its been 2 months but no update since then. Call center are pretty clueless when asked where its stuck.

Is there a way to escalate the case or bring it to someone's attention at Immigration?

After reading that news of 3000+ missing applications, I feel that it's not just Parents Grandparents applications but also General Visitor Visa applications.

Hi All, Here is my timeline so far

12 Nov: Submitted PGVV applications online
    13 Nov: Status changed to gathering information
    13 Nov: Received a letter from INZ telling us that they won't need us to send the passport to VAC
    17 Nov: Received another letter asking for Medicals
    21 Nov: Medical done and reference letter uploaded
    26 Nov: Status changed to Under Assessment.

Hello applied for parent &grandparent visit visa for my parents. This is the timeline:

Oct 8: online visa submitted
    Oct 12: notified that no need to submit passport to VAC.
    Oct 14: recieved reference# for xray and general medical.
    Nov 4: medical has been sent to INZ by panel physician
    Nov 21: called the INZ to get an update because online status still on " waiting you to provide medicals". Representative said still waiting for health assesor to review the medical.
    Dec 12: still no progress... today marks the 65th day of the application (90% completion of the assesment as per the timeframe in INZ)

I am very worried that the application has been forgotten or will not be assessed before they close for christmas. Anyone has almost the same senario as mine?

Hi Fae,

In similar situation like you. Applied on 10 Oct but online status still on " waiting you to provide medicals". Called trice in last month inz said still waiting case office to look into it. Not sure why its still stuck on waiting medical as medical was done long time ago and INZ confirmed they have received medical when called.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast